Recent Comments

• Reply to: A drawing for an untitled story   Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 6:15pm
    Comment Author:

This is literally the best drawing ever!!

• Reply to: Roam the dark and empty streets.   Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 5:40pm

than you so much!:)

• Reply to: If God Were A Poet   Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 3:59pm
    Comment Author:

Thank you, I'm actually not religious either, which is why I was hesitant to post this piece but I think it's important to point out that when we create something to explain all of our problems instead of solving them it just creates more problems, there is so much hate and intensity around religion and god and belief that it pulls people apart instead of bringing them together. Thank you for taking time to read this and giving some tips on grammar and all that jazz. :)
    - fire girl

• Reply to: marker art   Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 3:52pm

(cue insane laughter)

• Reply to: Magician   Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 3:25pm
    Comment Author:

Thank you so much! I was actually also picturing it as a punk song- so cool that you noticed that vibe too!
    :) Iris

• Reply to: Magician   Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 3:13pm
    Comment Author:

eyesofIris, your directness is powerful. Often when I come across something written in the second person, it reads as if the narrator were venting in a diary about someone or using that POV as a form of release for an unrealistic conversation - saying all the things they wish they actually COULD say directly to the "you" they speak of, but cannot. In this I feel your narrator is looking me in the eye and truly speaking these words in the here and now. It's not easy to make a second-person narrative convincing, but this is a successful example for me. The magician-assistant dynamic is also perfect for establishing tension and power-play between two people in an unusual, figurative way. All that combined with your loose, subtle rhyme scheme kind of makes me want to see this... I don't know, scream-sung by the front woman of a punk band while staring down her ex in the crowd, maybe!

• Reply to: Roam the dark and empty streets.   Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 2:39pm
    Comment Author:

There's a perfect sense of setting developed here! It's refreshing to come across a piece like this, that doesn't necessarily tell the story of something but gives the reader the visual ambiance to tell their own to themselves. After all, everyone has taken a few walks like this before, alone in a deserted place lost in their own thoughts... You should come back to this as inspiration for a longer piece sometime, if you DO have a specific story you want to tell from a specific POV but can't quite picture all the surroundings and details yet - though as I mentioned, it's great stand-alone as well!

• Reply to: If God Were A Poet   Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 12:37pm
    Comment Author:

Religion is not a part of my life, but I've had similar thoughts before many times... and you've put a few of them together in such an eloquent way. You've redefined God for yourself, distinct from the perception of Them in any orthodox text or sub-sect, as the kind of being you'd want to look up to yourself. Everyone approaches spirituality differently, so it's cool to see the expression of someone else's belief or ideal version of a higher power. In this case, your take on a modern God concerned with modern issues like climate change definitely made me pause a moment and think and nod, because people don't always feel comfortable introducing science into their set belief systems for fear of possible contradictions.

A little the-English-language-is-WEIRD grammar fact for you: When you're using the word "if" to talk about a dream or wish or impossible outcome for something, you'll want to change your past tense of "was" to "were." So, "If God were a poet..." Sounds funny at first, I know!

• Reply to: TREES   Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 10:35am

Great job Cabot????

• Reply to: Trees   Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 10:31am

Thanks

• Reply to: Trees   Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 10:31am
    Comment Author:

This is an awesome poem this unknown person what are u

• Reply to: Sexuality   Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 8:07am
    Comment Author:

I love this, it really says, a lot that I agree with, and I deeply enjoyed reading it. so thank you, for writing what so many people need to hear.

• Reply to: Magical   Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 8:34pm

Thanks!

• Reply to: Magical   Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 8:34pm
    Comment Author:

i laughed so hard at this line "That unfortunately is very unmagical." and I relate to it so much, your whole poem is awesome!

• Reply to: a wordless song   Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 8:32pm
    Comment Author:

thank you, I'm glad you liked it! :)

• Reply to: a wordless song   Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 8:30pm
    Comment Author:

This is amazing. There were so many beautiful images in there and I absolutely loved your title. As I said, beautiful.

• Reply to: a few moments, from my life of randomness.   Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 8:25pm
    Comment Author:

thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed them! and yes, cats! :)

• Reply to: a few moments, from my life of randomness.   Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 8:24pm
    Comment Author:

These are beautiful. My favorite photo is definitely the one of the moon, the golden sphere against the dark sky is powerful. I love the cat one too ;)

• Reply to: a few moments, from my life of randomness.   Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 8:23pm

Hahaha XD cats

• Reply to: Magical   Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 8:22pm
    Comment Author:

I love this SO MUCH!!! You put a smile on my face :)

• Reply to: Bittersweet Secrets:   Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 7:26pm
    Comment Author:

wow, well written and your imagery is wonderful!

• Reply to: Bittersweet Secrets:   Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 6:43pm
    Comment Author:

This is really beautiful.
    So heartfelt.

• Reply to: marker art   Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 5:36pm
    Comment Author:

thank you! it's such a wonderfully dark, kitten filled game. :)

• Reply to: marker art   Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 5:32pm
    Comment Author:

yeah, my family plays it all the time, nice reference! :)

• Reply to: marker art   Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 4:00pm
    Comment Author:

YES! I'm so glad somebody got that!