A Letter of Unfinished Ideas

Dear reader, 
    My brain is a kaleidoscope of unfinished thoughts and ideas, all changing and swirling– a mess. If you are anything like me, you can understand how infuriating and overwhelming this can be. I try my best to see the beauty in this mess, a rose petal in a tangle of thorns. The more you look, the more petals there are, and I’ve found plenty. Unfinished ideas are still ideas, and the thing with unfinished things is that they are waiting for their time to be finished. So help me, would you? Help me finish a half-formed idea of a story. 
    Book plots. They have to be at the very least intriguing, and then the work itself needs to be worthy of the reader's time (I hope this letter is worth your time. I'm trying my best, but if you deem it unreadable I really do understand– don’t torture yourself any further). But I am getting ahead of myself, we are here to simply form the idea for the story. Fun fact about me: I love imagining different lives, different paths, different worlds, and one of my favorite daydreams is living in a cottage. A cottage in the woods. See, that’s a perfect setting! A cottage, with animals? No… Plants? Of course. Magic? Now we are getting somewhere… 
    Characters. A good part, arguably the most important. What’s a book without characters? We need a main character, maybe two; the more the merrier, of course. The two main characters converse…through letters? Interesting. One in the cottage in the woods–a runaway? Perhaps. The other still resides in the city. Telling each other tales of their own adventures. A fantasy world and a busy city. Huh, interesting. I think I like this idea. 
    It’s not done, still a half-finished idea, but as we have established that’s pretty typical for me. I appreciate all your help. Great minds think alike and all that; and you, my friend, must have a great mind as we agreed on everything. I hope you enjoyed this, I know I did. 

Sincerely,

The Writer

Starrina

More by Starrina

• Ghost Girl

If you squint your eyes just enough
    you should be able to see
    A younger girl on this bench
    Sitting right next to me

Don't point out her dress
    With all the rips and dirt
    Because even though she isn't real