How It All Started

Summer of freshman year was when I met Jack Clofman. I made the mistake of saving him from drowning in the local pool. Since then he has decided that he was going to be my best friend and I had no say about it. Where I went, Jack was never far behind, it was like he had shackled himself to me. I was annoyed by it at first, he always complained that I never smiled or that I was too brash. I told him to go kick a tree and he shut up about it. We rode our bikes to the convenience store and he always let me bully him into buying me ice cream. It was nice in a way he was the reason that we were friends, I had to do nothing but show up and let him talk at me. I taught him how to swim and he taught me how to ride my bike with no hands on the handle bars, that was also the summer I broke my hand. He bought me a lot of ice cream after that. Come Junior year is when we had to start dispelling rumors about us dating. I thought they were funny but he never laughed. We would sit on his roof in the cool night of October and I would do his science and humanities homework for him while he worked through our math homework. There was always a serene feeling in the air when I was around him. Beginning of Senior year was when I truly realized how he had changed me. I was no longer mad all the time or angry. I felt better, I never wanted that to end and that’s how we started dating. The realization of how the other person made us feel. Turns out poor Jack Colfman had been pining for me since the beginning of the time. I laughed and asked if I really was drowning that day. He said nope, that he just did it hoping I would be kind enough to jump in and “ save” him. That’s how the love story of Jack Clofman and Lucy Bennet began.

Summit House-WCS