The Heavens

The Heavens, A godly place surrounding the world we live in, but we don’t know if it’s true, it could all be a myth or a fairy tale that helps us fall asleep without the haunting at night knowing that our loved ones are in a better place. But in this fable, I will tell you the real story of who gave you the Stars, the Moon, the Sun, and the Planets. They really did mean it when they said little girls can do anything. 

At the beginning of time, there was a girl clad in silver and light yellow, the colors of the stars. No one knew how this girl came to be, for she never talked, or at least never talked normally. She was a dreamer, something you wouldn’t find a lot anywhere else. She thought of science and equality, saying women could work just as hard as men. But most importantly she thought of light. She wanted to see the world, not by using a torch or the occasional candle, she thought that you shouldn’t need fire to see and that there should be so-called “Natural light”, something that would light up during the day then leave and then maybe something else would light up the night but everyone thought she was crazy maybe she was dropped on the head too much as a baby, but that didn’t stop her from working as hard as she could to make her dream come true, and thanks to her we can see. 
     At this time women weren’t supposed to work, they were told to breed, clean, and take care of the children and If you couldn’t manage that you were seen as a failure and an outcast and that community had a special way to deal with an outcast. Some people thought that the little girl being in town would destroy their community, but others didn’t think they could live the same after taking the life of a helpless little girl, so they decided to change her and force her to give up the idea of there being other places in the world and to live in the present and not the future.
    One late afternoon the little girl was playing with fire, the kids weren’t supposed to go anywhere near the great pit, but the girl loved to “collect” fire on her favorite stick. After she collected the fire she went to her homemade fire pit. The girl had collated some other treasures on her way to her pit. The items included fire, grass, “star dust”, glass, bugs, and special multi-colored plants. After the girl put all her special ingredients into her pit she accidentally spilled her entire bag of stardust into the pit which made the pit explode and also knocked out the whole town. 
When the town folk woke up they didn’t know where they were, they couldn't recognize anything except for their homes. But their world looked different, there was a fiery circle in the middle of the sky, and little dots looking like small balls of fire. They didn’t know what had happened, but the little girl did. She didn’t know how she did it, but she knew the star dust must’ve had a grand role in the soon to be called world. When the towns folk came running up to her asking her what happened she didn’t know, but when one of them asked her what they should call their new town she said “Celeste after the goddess of the earth”. And that's how the first city began, with a girl with a dream and a heart strong enough for a million people. She was the goddess of the earth, she was Celeste.

Summit House-WCS