First Grade

There it is, the big yellow school bus zooming down the road to pick me up for my first day of school! First grade was already here! This was an exciting day for me! Although, it was a scary day for me. We had just moved from South Burlington to Williston only 3 weeks ago. I was nervous about meeting new kids and teachers, even homework! But I brushed that aside and sat down in my bus seat number 6. I waved bye at my parents and we were on the road. And just like that, we arrived at my new elementary school. It was painted blue and it had big tall windows all around. The playground full of color was on the side of the building. ABS looks wonderful. 

I followed some of the returning kids inside to find my way to my cubby and classroom. However, I was lost. My mom told me I was in Synergy house but it appeared that I was in Harmony. I wandered around trying to find a teacher but it looked so empty at the moment. I saw classrooms full of kids that seemed to have already started. Was I late on my first day? Suddenly a teacher popped out of an office and I finally got the help I needed. She guided me to my cubby as I placed my unicorn backpack on the hook. I unloaded my pencil case and lunchbox and headed into my classroom. 

Mrs. Ashford was my teacher this year. The classroom looked cozy. There were lots of stuffed animals, toys and books all around. The day went by really fast surprisingly. We did some arts and crafts, read a picture book called Jack and the Beanstalk, and went outside a lot. However, my favorite thing was definitely hopscotch. It was so much fun! I walked back outside to get on the bus and headed home. I cannot wait till tomorrow.

Summit House-WCS

More by Summit House-WCS