Ghosts

We are Ghosts. As I spend my time floating around I’ll occasionally hear some people talking about how fun it would be a ghost. Of course, it’s not fun, the amount of things I constantly see people doing throughout time is heartbreaking. I’ve never been able to do all these sorts of things. I was born fairly long before the world started developing all their electronics and helpful devices that I can’t even begin to imagine. But not all ghosts are like me. I knew that I died young because of my small youthful body. I could tell I died around 7-10 years old, and I was a little boy. But I have been around for over 100 years, and I could not remember my life as a real child. My name remained anonymous, my family, where I lived, all that. But the thing about being around for over 100 years is you start to figure things out really quick. I had help along the way, but I figured out that you need to find out how you died, where, and when, that’s when you’ll get your memories back. All you need to do is go to the location where you died, obviously, no one knows cause they can’t remember anything. So you’re pretty much floating around until you enter the spot where you died. The spots where people have died are called Giggits. We call them that because it’s way easier to say than Death Spots. When you find a Giggit you’ll see a person that looks identical to a ghost somewhere around the world looking for it. Then you enter this green aura-looking circle after that it shows you how the person dies. If you enter your own it will show you, you will regain your memories, then you go somewhere no one knows. I’ve seen many friends get to their Giggit and leave, but I’ve yet to find mine. But things do get complicated. You always have to enter an abandoned house at night. If you’ve ever entered an abandoned house at night before you probably noticed the scary feeling of ghosts. That’s cause we are there, the reason why we stay in abandoned houses at night is so we can stay on our path to find our Giggits. Anyone who is not in an abandoned house will float very high in the sky and drop down to a random spot on Earth. Most ghosts prefer to go into an abandoned house though because a lot of them try to stay on the same track until they get to their destination. My story continues in the woods rushing around in hope to find an abandoned house with 6 other ghosts. Caroline, Missy, Brian, Conny, Panikanela, and Morkaff. We have been traveling together for 6 months and we became good friends. Before having only 7 we had 10, two have found their Giggits and the other one got swept away somewhere else in the world because they didn’t make it into our last abandoned house in time. Soon we would be going somewhere far away from each other and off-track too if we didn’t make it to the next abandoned house in time. As our ring leader, I informed everyone to let the newest ghost, Conny, to go in front so he could stay on track in case we don’t all make it. They all obediently listened and he was in front. His beginner’s luck had become very helpful as well because he found an abandoned house! We all began sprinting towards the house but all of the sudden, right after Conny made it in, the others Caroline, Missy, Brian, Panikela, and Morkaff, threw me to the side and took my notes that had the map of each of our trips. Conny look modified, I clearly was the only person he really trusted and I was already being swept away because I had not made it into the abandoned house. I felt angry, betrayed, and worried. I thought about the others that didn’t make it the time before. Had they been thrown under the bus like me and I didn’t notice! My anger and fury was as hot as the sun and nothing could cool me down. Except for my worry, Conny might struggle without my help or some other kind of intelligent person. I worried for myself as well, I hadn’t been on my own for a while and kept with new people all the time. I was hoping I would float towards somewhere with a group, and hopefully a trustworthy group. Then and there I landed. I had no idea where I was until I saw an empty road and old leafless trees. This place was a vague memory of mine from when I first became a ghost. I had been floating around on my own for a while and conveniently taking shelter in abandoned houses during the night. But one day I didn’t make it in time because I had never learned about the night rules with the abandoned houses. You could imagine how scared I was the first time drifting away somewhere random in the world. The thought made me laugh at my foolishness. But I remembered what had scared me the most. It was also the first time I saw a Giggit. I took a glimpse at the green aura and freaked. My curiosity got the best of me at this moment, nothing seemed more interesting than finding the strange Giggit that scared me of my wits. As I walked around for the Giggit I also searched for paper and pencil so I could restart my trail for my Giggit. Luckily the traitors hadn’t taken my spare stuff because I can restart now. As I was celebrating that I had paper and pencil I found a Giggit, probably the one from my young ghost days. I looked up to check the unfortunate ghosts that possibly could’ve been a ghost longer than me. The shock hit me so hard that I dropped the objects in my hand. This was my Giggit. I had run away from my Giggit the moment I saw it. I picked up my stuff shaking more than I ever had my entire life and afterlife. I was scared and excited, I hoped the Giggit would bring me somewhere better and not worse. It felt sort of weird as well to leave, it seemed to me that I would end up helping other ghosts get to their Giggit instead cause I had the hardest time finding mine. So I wanted to do one more thing to help others. I made this note for ghosts like Conny so they knew what to do in this world and my back story. I hope to whoever is reading this now, you make it to your Giggit.
           Signed,
          Magnom.

(I hope you learn your name too.)

Summit House-WCS