What YWP Offers

At Young Writers Project, we: 
• help young people find, explore and gain enthusiasm for their own ideas;
• provide safe, civil, non-judgmental spaces to share work and exchange feedback;
• show how to improve skills and quality of work; and
• publish best work to bring affirmation and a sense of purpose.

Since our start in 2006 with a founding grant from Vermont Business Roundtable, we’ve relied on many friends to keep us going -- people, businesses and foundations -- who understand the importance and impact of our work. With the generous help of these friends, YWP has been able to touch the lives of 110,000+ young people in positive ways, posting more than 400,000 stories, poems, photos and comments on this online writing community, youngwritersproject.org. We also publish writing, photos and art in our anthologies and digital magazine, The Voice, and with our media partners, including VT newspapers and VtDigger.org

Whether you are a long-time friend, or new to youngwritersproject.org, we ask you to help us out today: PLEASE GIVE TO SUPPORT OUR WORK. YWP is a 501c3 nonprofit and so all donations are tax-deductible.

Who can help?

Funders and Sponsors

Young Writers Project is funded entirely by charitable donations and sponsorships. To donate, please visit our Support page.

Volunteers

Mentors
If you love to write and want to share your passion and talent with youths, consider becoming an online writing mentor with YWP! Our mentors come from all walks of life - they are college students, authors and enthusiastic amateurs - and motivate younger YWP community members to write, revise, share and polish their pieces for publication. Check out our Mentors page for specifics about how it works and how you can get started!

Board Members
Our volunteer board works hard to help Young Writers Project stay on track and accomplish its mission. If you have a passion for helping young people succeed, contact Susan Reid, YWP's Executive Director, (802) 324-9538.

Partners
We believe that great partnerships are those where all parties stand to gain from the collaboration. If you have an idea for a project that you think Young Writers Project is uniquely qualified to help you realize, or if there is something Young Writers Project does that you think you could enhance, we would love to chat! Check out our Partners page to learn more.

Parents
Parents, if you're thinking, "Where do I fit in?", Young Writers Project has many opportunities for you to become involved and support the work we do. Any of the categories above will give you a sense of the opportunities that exist.

Our Funders

Young Writers Project is funded entirely by charitable donations and sponsorships. Our funders range from individuals who give in $5 increments to corporations and large foundations. We are grateful to each and every one of these generous donors for their gifts, and look forward to their continued support. Every cent is spent in service of our mission. If you wish to become a donor or sponsor, please visit our Support page.
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR DONORS & SUPPORTERS
They include:
The Bay and Paul Foundations
Physician's Computer Company
Vermont Business Roundtable
Amy E. Tarrant Foundation
Amazon Literary Partnership
A.N. Deringer
Bill Stritzler
Chroma Technology
Foley Services
Gannett Foundation/A Community Thrives
Green Mountain Power
Leonardo's Pizza
Lisa Schamberg and Patrick Robins
Kate and William Schubart
National Life
New England Grassroots Environment Fund
Northfield Savings Bank
People's United Bank
SFWA (Science Fiction Writers of America) 
Smugglers' Notch Resort
Staige Davis
The Alchemist
Union Mutual Insurance
VTDigger.org
Vermont Public Radio