fiction 0 comments challenge: Lamp
joseph.deffner's picture

A Lamp Flickered On..

A lamp flickered on in my house. Most days I would think that was normal, but today it seemed strange. Let me tell you how this happened. I was reading my book, Frosty The Snowman to be exact and it was 7:08 pm on a Tuesday. I was sitting on the couch in my living room. Then the lamp turned on. This was normal though since our lamp was on a timer. So I didn't think much of it. But then I looked more closely at the lamp. At first, it looked much as it always did - a blue shade with a brown base and a white cord. But then it began to grow legs and morph into a dancing lamp ; it looked like a person because it began to grow legs and arms off the brown base. A face started to form on one side of the blue shade, but it was still a lamp (which was really weird). Once the legs had finished forming, it started to walk around getting used to its new legs, arms, and face. Then it started dancing around, which was ironic because that is what happens to Frosty the Snowman and that was the book I was reading. And I just sat there too stunned to do anything. I tried to push the thought out of my head because I was thinking “This is so strange, it can't be true.” It turns out I was right. It had all been a dream.