Sliver of Silver

No one was following us, from what I recall... But, Jay stated otherwise. I rubbed my temples in aggravation, staring up into the gradually darkening fusions of orange and pink and yellow engulfing the sky. I did hope Jay was alright. But, he was perfect at everything, he couldn’t lose to a couple of bandits. I exhaled breath, rightfully earned. I leaned against Jay's car and waited for him to finish any unfinished business he had to attend to. I wasn't even aware of the amount of time that had passed. As I was about to drift off, the rustling of the wilderness allowed my eyes to dart open again. Yet I saw nothing. It wasn't like the gentle whisper of the wind to the trees, instead, it sounded as if someone had deliberately broken a thick tree branch between their hands. “So, you’re who he was talking about...” a mischievous voice said out of the blue and to this, my head snapped to the direction of the sound. “Ah... Who might you be?” While my heart was pounding against my ribcage, I appeared unfazed. I squinted my eyes, intentionally making it obvious that I was skeptical of him. Among his complete bland stature, the one thing that stood out were his piercing silver eyes.

gigikelly1005

NJ

More by gigikelly1005