Jerry the Timid Ghost

Once upon a time, there was a little ghost named Jerry, and Jerry was a very scared and timid ghost. Being a scared ghost didn’t go very well for Jerry, for instead of trying to scare people he would run away from them and hide. 

One day, Jerry was just minding his own business when someone clad in a heavy winter coat and big boots walked into the foyer of the house. Jerry’s first instinct was to run but then he stopped and looked at the man. He noticed that the man was hurt. He was bleeding from his side and so Jerry went over and went to check on him. The man looked like a dog in a thunderstorm. He immediately scrambled back and ran away from Jerry. Jerry had no clue what the man was running from so he turned around to try to see what it was. Then it struck him, the man was scared of him.

Jerry wanted to ask what was wrong but he couldn’t the only sounds he made excruciating moans. He all of a sudden seemed sad and he ran off and wasn’t seen for a long while. 

Meanwhile the man was looking for a bedroom so he could take a nap. The floorboards moaned with every step he took and even while he was limping he was able to make it to a room.

An hour later Jerry came out of the cupboard he was hiding in and went upstairs and found that the man had succumbed to his wound. He had died in his sleep and was now lying there motionless on the bed. Then without warning a frail white figure rose from the man’s chest and looked straight at Jerry, Jerry felt a chill run down his spine but he shrugged it off. 

But that was his mistake. The man’s ghost shot straight right at him and Jerry disintegrated mid-air. 

From then on out the man’s ghost haunted the house and scared everyone who came in away and he has haunted the house ever since…

Posted in response to the challenge Ghostly.

Summit House-WCS