Climbing Mount Everest

“AAAAND HE’S OFF! LET'S WISH HIM LUCK EVERYONE!! AFTER ALL, HE IS THE FIRST TEENAGER TO CLIMB THE MOUNT EVEREST!!” The announcer’s voice blasted from the speakers all around the people. 

A lot of people. millions and millions of people. you may be wondering what is going on here. Well, I’m Fred. I am a young mountain climber. I have had a certain affection for mountain climbing since I was six. I started going to training when I was eight. After showing my mettle in countless situations, I was finally allowed to climb my first mountain, Mount Tenpō, which is the smallest mountain in the world. I electrified the people watching and broke the record for youngest person to climb a mountain.My next target, Mount everest. I have nothing in my inventory but rope, a hammer, rope, food, ALOT OF FOOD, rope, warm clothes, rope, a tent, rope, a sleeping bag, rope, and a lot of other stuff. Hey, did I mention rope? All climbers have the same formula before climbing the mountain. 

Step 1)  Look: Scan the mountain face for cracks and loose rocks. 

Step 2) Plan: Now that you know the face of the mountain, plan a route.

Step 3) Go For It: Now you have the information, go climb!

I started climbing and started strong. An important part to rock climbing is manipulating your weight at the right angle. I felt confident and sharp. I moved swiftly and covered a few meters in a couple of minutes. After 20 hours of climbing and brief stops for food and water, it was dark. So I set up a tent. It took a while but eventually, I had a fire going and a tent  with a sleeping bag. I woke up at the crack of dawn ready to climb with full energy. A drone is always monitoring me 24/7 for safety reasons and for people to see how I am doing. 

After months and months of climbing, I REACHED THE TOP!!!!!!!

Can you believe it??

I REACHED THE TOP!!!

I felt like I could burst with joy!! After planting my flag, I celebrated for a whole 30 minutes.

When I got down, There was a huge fanfare of trumpets and flags and a banquet. I gave a speech and then you will never guess what happened!

THE PRESIDENT OF AMERICA SHOOK MY HAND AND GREETED ME!!  

Written by Shaheer Syed

Grade 7

Posted in response to the challenge Climber.

Summit House-WCS

YWP Instructor