joseph.deffner's picture

The Creature that Wasn't Wanted

Once upon a time there was a creature that lived in Mona Foo Foo. I am that creature. I am a creature, but other creatures call me a monster. I'm not a monster, though; I'm just a blue, white, and gold striped creature that tries to help people out. I try really hard to help, but the other creatures don't want me at Mona Foo Foo except for one creature whose name is Kalabi. Kalabi is my friend. He helps me out when I'm sad and gloomy.

One day I was walking down the street and a car came by. I didn't see it until it hit me. I was in the middle of the road. I didn't think anyone would be driving here. Nobody ever drives on this road because no one lives on this road and it’s a dead end. The car came out of nowhere and ran right into me. Injured, I didn't know what to do so I just sat there, crying for help. The creature stepped out of the car like nothing happened. He looked around, went back in his car, and then drove away. I sat there wishing he would've stayed and helped, but I knew that he knew who I was, a monster. I sat there waiting and waiting. Nobody came. I thought I was a good creature.

Kalabi came out of nowhere. He saved me and brought me to his home to bandage me up. We couldn’t go to any hospital because it’s too far away and they would never treat me because they would think I’m a monster. Kalabi started at my head and worked down to my feet. He bandaged every place on my body that had a cut or scrape.

After a few weeks I was healed and Kalabi never left my side. I am very thankful to have a friend like Kalabi. Everyone should.