Bad News

Jim Smith had a nice house.  It was by the lake.He always had a nice time living there but not today.Jim just received some very bad news.  Last night he was awoken by the loud noise of the doorbell ringing. At first he stayed still in bed. It rang again and then he heard the sound of footsteps walking down the creaky staircase.  He slowly made his way out of bed and walked to the window. When he looked down and saw a police car he was not concerned. His older sister Sarah was often getting in trouble, thinking that it was just something that his sister had done he went back to sleep. The next morning he went downstairs to get his breakfast and saw his mom and sister at the dining room table.  He immediately knew something was wrong. His sister's eyes were red from crying and his moms face had a sad with a disturbed look on it. His mom spoke first .She spoke in between sobs so the only words he got out where dad, car accident, last night and he's dead. Jim was stunned. It took awhile for the words to sink in.When he realized what she had said he ran outside onto their dok and started to cry.
tobiass@bsdvt.org's picture
About the Author: [email protected]