fiction 0 comments challenge: Dye
mingina's picture

Temporarily Permanent

Temporarily Permanent
I was excited for tonight especially now that my hair was purple! Im sure my parents would not mind… It was washable, right?” Uh oh!” I exclaimed, I looked down at the small bottle of die. In very small letters at the bottom of the bottle I read, Caution- die can last up to a month! I looked around in panic. “My mom was going to kill me!”  I threw my coat on and ran back on and ran out the door. I walked back to the store, If I had died my hair purple.. Maybe I could die my hair brown again! I quickly scanned the isle again I had to hurry my mom would be back in an hour! Brown, brown, I keep looking but I don't see it! I walked up to the store register and ask. The clerk is a tall man with a dark mustache, he tells me they just ran out. I ran out of the store, I called in all the stores near my house but none of them carried hair dye! Once I got home I ran up to my room, if my mom came home she would be terribly angry! I heard her car pull up in our driveway. I found my old baseball cap under my bed and threw it on  carefully tucking in all the hair around my face. “Honey, im home!”

mingina's picture
About the Author: mingina