beginning of my new story!

Moon was a fairly normal girl, she went to school, had friends, and way too much homework!  It was her family that was strange.  Of course, no one knew.  Her moma's name was Alli, and her mam’s name was Rose.  This may seem fine… but wait!  Moon had tons of siblings:  May and Millie, her two twin younger sisters from Sweden; Xander, her younger brother from Canada; Wu from China; Felix and Alex, her twin older brothers from Britain; Faith, her older sister from Africa; and April and Spring, her older sisters from Australia.  Moon, herself, was her moma’s daughter.  Moma was from California.  Moon was mixed-race, like her mom.  

When Moon was younger, she was proud of her family. She thought it was amazing that she had siblings from so many places. But then, one day in third grade, they had to do a presentation about their families. Moon made a family tree; she asked her moms where they were from. She asked her siblings, too.  She worked really hard, but when she presented it, her classmates were confused.  They said things like, “Why do you not look like your family?” and, “Eww!  You have two moms!”  Her teacher told her to remake it, with her birth family.  
Even since then, Moon had never brought friends home with her, until now.

Chapter 1:

Moon looked out the car window at the crowded school front.

“Moon are you going to be ok” 

“Duh, moma it's only 9th grade”

Moon tried to look brave, this was a big step up from her tiny middle school. 

“I know, I know” Moma ruffled Moon's hair. “Alright, Wu, Alex, Felix, and faith. Out you go.” 

Moma smiled as the kids scrambled out of the car, waving goodbye.

“Moon, you two sweetie” 

“I know.” Moon pulled on her backpack. And headed to find her friends.

Lucy and Alice were waiting for her next to the main office.

“Hey, moon, how was your summer?” Lucy clapped Moon on the back

“Pretty good. You?”

“Alright”

The three girls turned down the hallway and disappeared among the throng of teenagers. At lunch Moon skipped the line and headed to an empty table near the windows. She pulled out her lunch bag, starting on the cheese sandwich her mom had made. She opened her book and began reading. The book was way more interesting than Moon thought it would be, so much so that Moon did not notice when two boys sat down across from her. 

“Hey, the name’s Lucas,” a honey-like voice said.

Moon looked up, startled. 

Amelia_v