Mirror Mirror Part II

The world was spinning and my life was flashing before my eyes. I had no idea what was happening as I spun through a vortex of glass. I knew my reflection was different, but I had no idea what it was capable of. Once the world stopped spinning I realized where I was. I could see Justin's house sitting up on the hill. But something was off. Justin’s house was facing the opposite direction than it was before. I walked up the hill and went inside, but there was nobody there. 
I decided to head back home and went to bed with no mom to tuck me in or kiss me goodnight.
When I awoke the next morning I noticed that there was something odd about the mirror in my room. I didn't see myself in it but my mother talking to someone who looked exactly like me. She was red faced and appeared to be yelling at me but the bogus me did not seem the least bit shaken. That's when I realized that it wasn't a different person, IT WAS MY REFLECTION! He must've pulled me in here and stolen my body. When I get my hands on that little twerp he is going to wish he was never- umm- reflected I guess? I ran at the mirror and tried to leap through but I just banged against the glass. I waved my hands wildly and tried to get her attention. 
“MOM, MOM!” I yelled. 
No response came and I eventually gave up and continued to watch the scene unfold. Bogus me was still in his pajamas and he was staring blankly at the bowl of cereal in his hands. My mother was waving her arms wildly and pointing at my backpack and the clock. I tried to make out her words but it was like she was underwater. But she wasn't underwater. SHE WAS BACKWARDS!  I realized he must be late for school and she was really mad about it. I couldn't believe how long it had taken me to realize this and followed my reflection some more. He seemed to have realized what she was saying and was putting his clothes on and strapping on his backpack.
It had been a few hours and now I was watching him through the mirrors on the school bus which seemed to be driving on its own. He was sitting at the back alone and I couldn't tell for sure but it looked like he was looking right at me. When the bus finally gets home I follow my reflection through the house and upstairs. That's when it hit me. 
“I GOT IT!” I exclaimed aloud.
I had finally figured out how to beat my reflection. I had a plan and everything. I just needed to wait…

A few hours later my reflection had finally fallen asleep. Now was the time to strike. I ripped books off the shelves and madly started moving and reorganizing until everything was perfect. It took all night but by morning the trap was set.
The next morning the reflection got up and got ready for school. He brushed his teeth and got dressed. He went to the mirror and checked himself. His face went pale. He wondered to himself “how could this be happening!” As he looked into the mirror he realized he was back in the mirror! He started panicking and he jumped at the mirror In an attempt to get back through.
The second he jumped through the mirror I jumped out at it at the same time. Our bodies collided and the world spun. 
When I woke up I was back home. Home sweet home. And my reflection was gone. My plan had worked perfectly. Through a long night of work I had rearranged my room perfectly so it made my reflection think he was back in the mirror. I was finally home.

willows

More by willows