My beautiful love

My beautiful love

You are enough.
You are the waves to the beach,
The shells at sea, and the sunny smiles on kids’ sticky faces. 
Not only are you enough, but you are complete.
The stars couldn’t wait to send you to this world. 
They waited anxiously biting their nails, until the perfect time—your time. 
The way the moon and the stars peered into your eyes and thought—this one will be a hidden blessing.
Then by Miracle, they suppressed your energy up like a flower bud, and cascaded you down like water.
You were a hidden blessing in a small town, and in an even smaller school. 
Your voice bears no mind. 
The moon said—This one was satisfied with nothing until her voice is acknowledged by all that she views and needs to hear it. 
Like a whale that bellows to the other side of the ocean with nothing but the song to guide her. 
Describing you is like a glitzy song. 
The beat starting with the thick ocean waves in your hair
Guiding to the way, your laugh rings through the air like a beautiful rain shower at dawn. 
As The sun and the rain paint with the fog. As we relaxed to the sound of throated birds. 
I’m finally home when the rain showers light a fire under the wind chimes, as we sit together and mold to one. 
Rocking in unison in our rocking chairs with each booming of thunder. 
As this is the way you make me feel. 
I am amazed at the person you have become with no default.
Shedding your layer of fear and giving your body to the strength in your soul. As your soul guides you, solemnly.
As you are a leader— not in need of any guidance through word. 
I pity all who have doubted you. As I happily shout with all who give you room to grow; with love. 
We are all so proud of you. 
My love for you is like new flowers, as they bloom every day. Unidentified on what they are, or what joy it will bring today. 
I am so grateful for the years you have shown me how powerful I am—we are. 
I will forever look into your eyes with a complete sense of home. Knowing you were gifted from the stars, the same stars that make up our story. 
My beautiful love. 
I love you. 

Emily Van Dyke

More by Emily Van Dyke

• Winters death

She starts to lay her head to fire. I see has her voice dies, and her fingers start to thaw. Her yawn irks the birds sending them to rainbow spirals, directing them to the skies choir.