Young Writers Project is a place to find and share your voice. It's a website. It's a community. It's a safe and respectful collection of 4,000+ storytellers -- writers, photographers, artists and musicians. Most YWPers are teens (but those under 13 are welcome, with parental permission). On youngwritersproject.org, you have your own space to create whatever you like -- a blog where you can write to YWP's challenges or respond to your own muse, and experiment with sound and images. YWP offers writing challengesworkshops and events, and publication of your best work.

All the Details

The Community
Are you a teen? Do you like to write? Do you not like to write and are struggling in school? You are welcome here. This community helps you gain confidence, skills and voice. Sign up for a free account. Once approved, you can post and revise words, add images, sound and video; receive feedback from other community members and YWP mentors; read and comment on others' work; and find writing ideas whenever you need them. There's just one rule: Be respectful.

Join us! Just click LOGIN/JOIN on the top menu bar. Start an account. Pick a username that you like -- this will be your identity on the site -- something other than your real name. But tell us who you are on your account application. We check all applications before approval to ensure YWP remains a safe community of youths (or approved mentors, adult educators and artists). We do not share community members' personal information with anyone. Once you have your account, start writing or uploading art and photos to your blog, and comment on others' work, too. This is an interactive site and a lively community. Have fun! 
Challenges

Challenges are writing prompts designed to spark ideas. We have a year's worth of weekly challenges. We also have special challenges, often with a theme, sometimes with prizes in collaboration with our partners.
Publication
Getting recognition for your best work is the greatest feeling in the world. It will also make you want to write even more, which is why Young Writers Project publishes best work in our digital magazine, The Voice, and works with external print, digital and broadcast media partners to give you audience. Anything in any medium posted anywhere on our site by anyone is eligible to be selected for publication (unless you choose otherwise). 

Events and Live Workshops
Writing workshops and open mic events, mostly in the Burlington area, give you a chance to meet your fellow YWPers and to give you a chance to present your work before a live, supportive audience. Our schedule varies throughout the year. Check out our events  to see what's coming up next!

Online Workshops

Online workshops in storytelling, playwriting, photography will pop up on youngwritersproject.org through the year. Join the community -- online workshops are free (though we're always grateful for donations). Workshops are broken down into small, easy-to-follow steps where you learn by creating work and exchanging comments with peers and mentors. 

Questions? Contact Executive Director Susan Reid, [email protected]; (802) 324-9538