powered by your voice

Want to write a PLAY?

Young Writers Project, in partnership with Vermont Young Playwrights and award-winning Middlebury College playwright Dana Yeaton and his advanced playwrighting class, is excited to present theYWP/MiddleburyPlaywrights Workshop an online experience that could result in your play being presented on stage!

NOTE: This online course on youngwritersproject.org begins in early March. DO NOT DELAY; if you are interested, email, GG (geoff gevalt) ASAP!

Join Dana Yeaton (founder of Vermont Young Playwrights) as he, and his advanced playwrighting students, lead you through the process of writing your own play. Dana, his talented students and YWP will provide feedback throughout the process. Plays created will be eligible for submission to the Vermont Young Playwrights Festival. The best play(s) may be performed live on stage by some of Vermont's best theatrical talent!

This workshop will take place as part of YWP Academy -- YWP's new formal, fun online learning center -- beginning at the end of February or early March -- that's soon! This is an unprecedented opportunity to take part in the Vermont Young Playwrights Festival, without having your entire school participate. It's never happened before!

The suggested donation for this workshop is $50. As with all of our offerings, full scholarships are available! If you're interested in this workshop, send an email to ggevalt@youngwritersproject.org ASAP. DO NOT DELAY. There are limited places. Don't let school vacation distract you!

Send us word NOW!