Alright

In the song “Alright” by Darius Rucker is a song about being happy for the things that you have and not taking them for granted. A perfect example of this is when the song says “don’t need no five star reservations, I've got spaghetti and a cheap bottle of wine”. This part is saying that this man doesn’t have very fancy stuff and that he doesn’t need it to be happy. Some people believe that if we have all the latest and fanciest stuff that we will be happy. Going along the lines of talking things for granted. People don’t always remember that there are some people in the world that don’t have shoes, houses, and food. Those who do take these simple things for granted. Another line in the song explains that,“I've got a roof over my head, the women I love laying in my bed, I've got shoes under my feet”. In this line you can see that this man is grateful for what he has and he understands that not everyone is as lucky as he is to have all these things. Throughout the whole song you can tell that this man is thankful for what he has in life and he couldn’t be more happy and this line in the song proves this, “When I lay down at night I thank the Lord above, for giving me everything I ever could dream of”. Overall you can tell that this song is a reminder that there is someone out there that wishes they were you. 

lvaughan

More by lvaughan

• Abraham

It was Friday and it was the same as every other Friday or so we thought. Every Friday for gym class we have fitness Friday.
  • Summer Days

Since school is out during the summer there are many different possibilities of activities to fill your days with. There is spending time with friends, going swimming and camping. Those are common things to do during the summer.
  • Hay time

“How does the weather look for this week?” I ask my dad early Tuesday morning.

“Sunny and beautiful,” he replies.

In other words, that means perfect weather for haying.

“What are you going to mow?” my mom asks.