The House Was Dead Quiet

The house was dead quiet.  Even the stairs didn't creak as I crept down the stairs, looking for my family.  You see, I was late for school and my parents didn't wake me up so I was going to go yell at them.  But I couldn't find them.  I searched their rooms and as I did so, a dream I had last night popped into my head.  My dream was that my Mom was shaking me and telling me to get up.  I sat up a bit and asked what was going on.  She was whispering to herself frantically and told me to just follow her quietly.  I told her it was too early and I fell back asleep.  I had heard a scream and that is when I woke up.  The dream kept replaying in my head but I told myself it wasn't true.  Maybe they had just gone to the store and let me sleep.  That's when I remembered that it was Wednesday and that I had school.  I start to panic and search faster, in the living room, the kitchen, the bathroom.  I pull myself together and start to think rationally.  "Look for their shoes and coats."  I went to look for their shoes and coats and they were still there.  I go outside to see if they are out walking Coco when I faint at what I see.