Ordinary Day with Guardian Angel

It is just an ordinary school day.  I have a great deal of homework to get done, along with numerous projects due in a few days.  It seems like a hassle, but when I am about to do it there always seems to be something else that interrupts my work.  Time is ticking, and it won’t stop to make my life easier.  However, the work keeps piling up day by day, and deadlines are around the corner.  Not only that, but I had to present a project that was worth a great deal of my grade while also studying for an important test.  Stressed and one the verge of hopelessness, this is when my guardian angel comes to assist me, through my mind.  In my mind, my angel gives some words of advice.
     “Do not let the worry of time itself stop you in your tracks.  Sometimes persisting through the work without thinking proves to have better results than analyzing this situation thoroughly to try to find the best solution.  You are trying to find a solution that does not exist - one without any obstacles or challenges.”  Of course, this was the advice I needed to hear.  I took the time I had to finish my work, still putting in effort but working in the small time that I had.  After I completed my work, I thought about my guardian angel’s advice.  It was true, I was making the situation out to be worse than imagined, when I could have used that time to work and get it done with the time I had left.

YasuShihTzu

CA

More by YasuShihTzu

• Society and its Seed

For the silence is at the peak,
    for the cries are down below,
    for our voices are toned out as we speak,
    and our anger turns into sorrow.

No longer shall we be quiet,
    no longer shall chaos prevail.