character ideas

hey ywp, 
i'm just gonna throw a copy-and-pasted blurb from my google keep here. i hope to write it soon.

Illion - A gifted singer, one who performs the rituals required, unbeknownst to him.
He's blindfolded during the rituals and is only required to sing, to summon Madeora
He's kept without knowledge of what actually happens.
Aligned with Omertà, and doesn't know what Omertà really is.
Speaks softly and hates violence & blood. Physically weak & kept sheltered. 17.

Madeora - the slumbering beast who is awakened only to feed. Should she not be fed, she will wreak destruction upon the earth. A singer is required to awaken her from her sleep to feed - if awoken without a singer, she will be consumed with rage & endeavor to mutilate those that dared awaken her. She will only rest when presented with a suitable sacrifice and lulled to sleep. Eternal.

Omertà - an organization created to keep Madeora in slumber. Often trafficks people to serve as sacrifices to Madeora, with no regard to who goes and who doesn't. Headquarters in the Forest of Forget, on the outskirts of Belund.

Sorana - the leader of Omertà and the mother of Estada and Illion. Keeps to herself mostly, but ensures that no "issues" surface, be it either the law, or the sacrifices themselves. Inherited the position from her mother, Cadja, some twenty or so years ago. 43.

Estada - Illion's younger sister who is in training to accompany Illion during the rituals. She has a softer, not well fledged voice and has memory issues, which leads to her not performing with Illion much. 13.

Abriatis

NY

YWP Alumni

More by Abriatis

• i am me.

it's 12am on nine-eleven-twenty-twenty.
    my name is rowan, and i am eighteen.
    i have struggled. i have cried. i did not think i'd make it this far.
    i did not think i'd do half the things i have.
  • nine-eleven

to think that i will be a legal adult tomorrow.
    i could vote. i could buy fish at petsmart.
    i could apply to places like aldi's and tractor supply.

my birthday, for me, has always been tinged with sadness.
  • placidity

i watch the numbers tick up.
    i read the headlines.
    suny oneonta shuts down for the semester -
    six hundred cases.

i go outside.
    i see the masks, worn properly or not.
    the spraying of hand sanitizer,