Eden Whittaker

The world was full of people who are in love with Eden Whittaker. They are opposite of of few and far between, plentiful and everywhere. The world’s great sweetheart, she could do no wrong. She had never caused trouble, never been a part of a controversy, she was just perfect. Everyone agrees that she is beautiful, subjective beauty in a human form. She had almost everyone fooled, but she had one flaw, she was too perfect. She seemed to be artificial, humans aren’t that perfect. Humans are flawed creatures, that’s what charming about us. Our imperfections accentuate our perfections, she doesn't do that. Eden is like a barbie. She starts off fun and exciting, but her plastic skin goes dull as she is passed around. Soon she will be replaced like all toys eventually are. Either replaced, destroyed or forgotten. Few of us realize this, our eyes aren’t fogged up by her dazzling smile and we are not blinded by the lie that she is. We are not mad at her though, she is doing what she is programmed to do. She knows no other life except the one of the doll, her very own Truman Show. Though unlike Truman, she knows her life is fake, she has yet to figure out that she herself is fake. My heart aches for her at times, one day her innocent plastic smile will melt from the fire that is humanity. Humans are flawed, we know this, but they are also brutal. One she is exposed completely, they will tear her limb from limb. Any previous affection will disappear and she will be at their mercy. And so I wish you good luck and a painless end, miss Eden Whittaker.

cmhemingwa

More by cmhemingwa

• My Thoughts on Death

The concept of death is frightening to me but not in the way that it is for most people and it may make me sound callous or just cold, but I’m not scared of death itself exactly.
  • Modern Lord of the Flies

“At least we don’t have to wear uniforms anymore.” he says with a resigning sigh. The boys around him nodding along in agreement, stripping off what remains of their former uniforms, leaving them in only their cotton underpants.