Unnoticed by you

Things not babied by your eyes praised by me, the smoothness of the lockers sliding against my fingernails making ticks as my fingers leave admiration, but to you silence of why the girl with the alerted eyes are finding such relief as the lockers get to shortened stop. Or when the unnoticed me is biting my sleeve, listening to the squeaks of my teeth leaving small teeth marks on my sleeve, I can examine with my fingers. Unnoticed by you, the way I roll down my window with the winter days punishing my pink nose, but I smile as it laces my eyelashes, but noticed by me everything. The way the lunchroom trays, the way i press it against my chest, like holding the cage that's within it, holding the animal like beasts of my fears. It's cold against the collar of my neck, feeling the divots of the outside of its canvas calming. Then i notice, that you may never...fully notice.  

Emily Van Dyke

More by Emily Van Dyke

• Winters death

She starts to lay her head to fire. I see has her voice dies, and her fingers start to thaw. Her yawn irks the birds sending them to rainbow spirals, directing them to the skies choir.