Finding Ambition

“How are you so… sane after all that?” Vaughn inquires, lowly as if it took all his strength to say so.

“Ambition,” she utters immediately. “I didn't want nothing of my past to control my life. So Vaughn... Life lesson, listen up! Let Mamma Naoto spit some facts for you.” She puts her fist in the air, as if catching something. “Whatever you are and whatever you want to be, embrace it welcomingly. We all have skeletons in our closets, the darkest depths of our origin. Things people don't want others to know 'bout. But it's alright. That's why, even with the things I've gone through, I want to make the most of everything. And it's your choice if you wanna go about it that way too.”

And at those words he felt moved and even Naoto sensed a newfound resolution emanating from him.

“Naoto, I care,” he murmurs abruptly, something sparking inside of him.

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“I mean... I care a lot about you,” Vaughn’s head hangs low as his cheeks burns with red.

“Is this a confession?” Naoto smirks mischievously, tipping her head to the side, then sliding a lock of hair behind her ear.

“N-No,” he stammered on his intended assertive response.

“I'm sorry. I'm being insensitive again! But you're just so cute!” She exclaims then goes in to embrace him, and this shocked him into stillness.

“N-Naoto you're cho-choking me,” he acknowledged, only for his response to be her laughter. His aready pale face was changing in color, either out of the fact that he may soon run out of air to breathe or he was that much flustered. Though nonetheless, despite her easy-going personality, he saw the genuine significance of her words and this gave him something to surely look forward to, in the near future.

gigikelly1005

NJ

More by gigikelly1005