People Of Vermont

Snowboarders, wheres your snow?

Oh, right. The atmosphere is slowly thickening because of carbon dioxide emissions. The earth can't release as much heat during the day that it once was able. The heat is melting your snow. 

Soccer players, whats it like playing in sopping wet fields?

Oh, right. The warm water from global warming is seeping into your precious fields and destroying your 'fun time'. 

Golfers, whats it like watching your courses trickle away into the current of the stream?

Oh, right. You're probably upset inside your houses. Watching waves of runoff seeping into your once magical courses. 

People of Vermont, do you feel guilty watching article after article pop up because of a decrease in the polar bear population?

People of Vermont, we are supposed to be the Green Mountain State. We are supposed to be the little fraction of America that cares about the world. We have been slacking. Did you know that in the last two year's we've deforested 3.27 KHA of national forest, equivalent to over 1.35 mt of carbon dioxide emissions? 

Can you see how our everyday lives are affected by global warming? 

Can't you see how many things you can do to change?

Please, People of Vermont, I plea to you. Please exit your warm homes with a common thought - we need to remain the little fraction of peace that we are in this unruly world.  

Please, People of Vermont. 

Posted in response to the challenge My Plea.

VivienneA

More by VivienneA

• Cardinal

I saw you today,  

Dressed in the prettiest red dress to ever be sewn, 

Wearing the cat eye mascara you always have. 

Your hair waved to me as you flew past. 

I swear I saw you wink.  

• She did.

Her legs lay limp against a log

Her face, bright red

Heart pounding

Lungs struggling to slow down

Never has she been able to go so far

Never has she been able to push herself without criticism

• Track

She kneels down on the track

Feeling the rough concrete on her knees

Sweat trickling down her face like a waterfall

Encouraging eruption noises from strangers she doesn't know

Her head turns ever so slightly