Guts.

I write love poetry because it's easier to confess my love for you through anonymous descriptions,
Hoping that you'll never read it, 
And hoping that if you do read it,
You won't know it's about you.
But also hoping you know it's about you
Because I want you.  

I write love poetry because it's easier than cutting open my stomach and letting my guts spill onto the floor between us.
Hoping that you'll pick them up and 
Feed them back into me,
Stitching my stomach closed while whispering in my ear that it's all going to be okay. 

I write love poetry because I'm a hopeless romantic
Who wants to run her hands through your hair and feel how soft it is. 

I write love poetry because I'll never admit it to you that
I want to count and memorize every freckle that graces its way across your face. 

I write love poetry because I want to get lost in your eyes. 

I write love poetry because I want to wear your jackets because they remind me of your warm hugs that make me feel safe. 
I write love poetry because you give the best hugs I've ever received.

I write love poetry because I want to hold your hand while we lay in the grass, 
Eyes turned towards the sky as we point out constellations with our free hands. 

I write love poetry because I want to listen to your favorite music, 
Cast over speakers,
While we dance in your room to it. 

I write love poetry because I want to snuggle into your side while we relax on the couch,
Binge watching our favorite tv shows. 

I write love poetry because I want to go on spontaneous adventures with you. 

I write love poetry because I want you to be my muse. 

I write love poetry because you are so much more than you paint yourself out to be. 

I write love poetry because it's easier than looking you in your stupidly beautiful eyes
And telling you that you light up my life, 
Like a candle lights up a dark room. 

I write love poetry because I am a hopeless romantic who has fallen for someone that she can't admit this too.