Long ago, I had a friend.

Long ago, I was a normal doll. My hair was long and shiny, my skin was clean, and my clothes were dainty and unripped. My home was in a plastic box in a small local toy store. During the day I would smile and pose with my hand on my hip, but at night I would shake out my curls and come out of my box. At night I would meet up with friends in the lego area and we would build amazing things. We would switch outfits and go to parties hosted by Ken. Then one day, still long ago I was chosen by a mother for her daughter's birthday. The little girl loved me to death. She dressed me up and took me everywhere. But over the years as she got older, I stayed home more and more. When she was 13 she put me in a box with Grumpy cat and a toy car named speedo in her closet. By the time she was in college, I was in a dump. I wish she had given me to another girl, but instead, she threw me in the trash one morning. Now I live in a dump, my friends are the other abodned dolls, who no longer have children to love them. My friends are the rats and the wild animals, even though they don't understand me. Maybe someday I will be picked up and loved again.

Amelia_v