Dear President

Dear President,

I think you should ban homework because kids have six hours of school every weekday, as well as after school activities! By the time most kids get home and do their homework and eat dinner, it is time to go to bed. They get no free time to be with their families or to go outside and play. Homework is really stressful and makes it hard for kids to be creative on their own time. It also makes kids not want to learn because all they do is school, school, school!

Sincerely,
A kid that does not want to do this homework assignment

Dear President,

Thank you for NOT sending a response. I understand you might not have time to listen to the kids in this country, but remember we are America's future. Perhaps you didn't think I was very convincing with my last letter (or you just don't like kids or care about the future of our country). Here are some more reasons that kids shouldn't be given homework. If kids have a busy day and get home, they want to relax, not do homework. Kids can stay up late doing homework and not get enough sleep, therefore not do as well in school. Not doing well in school makes the teachers think that they should give more homework so that the kids can have more practice. That homework keeps them up too late, and it's a repeating circle where the kid gets more and more tired and starts really hating school! I hope you will understand and consider banning homework.

Sincerely,
A kid that REALLY HATES HOMEWORK and wants to SLEEP!

Dear President,
I have sent you TWO letters and you have not responded. Maybe they got lost in the mail (or you just don't care about kids or this country!). I have asked to make a ban on homework because kids need more sleep. They need time to spend with their family and time to play outside. Also, kids have SIX HOURS of school, and teachers still think they should give kids homework! Homework is really stressful, it keeps kids from having time on their own to be creative and makes them REALLY not like school!

Sincerely,
A kid that thinks homework is the WORST thing to ever happen to kids in America!

About the Author: stampull