Lights Photo

It was a night I will never forget. It was scary, magical, unbelievable. It was beautiful.
    It was night in New York City. I was taking a walk. My two roommates were fighting. I thought I could get used to it by now. But this has been the biggest fight they have had so far. I just couldn’t bear the yelling, the anger, the tears and the violence. It was sad. Felicia, Maggie and I were best friends. I just couldn’t take it. I grabbed my coat and walked outside. It was cold and bitter outside. The wind blew in my face, making my nose red and runny. My fingertips felt like ice, even inside my pockets. My hair blew in my face. I didn’t know were I was going, I just walked. Walked and walked. Usually, New York City was loud and bustling. But it wasn’t tonight. A tear started rushing down my freckled cheek, leaving a stain.
    Until suddenly, something happened. There was a light. It was a small light, about the size of softball. It glowed in the sky. It didn’t look like a star. It was very bright and it shined against my face. It almost hurt my eyes to look at it. But then, it started growing. It started growing and growing and growing. And it wouldn’t stop. I just stood in the middle of the street, not moving a muscle. The light just kept growing. Lots of people started rushing out of their apartments to see the light that shined upon New York City. After a while, the light was causing commotion. Everyone went, “Oooooh! Aaaaaaaah! Look at that! Isn’t that unbelievable?!” People started snapping pictures and calling news stations. Everyone except me. I was still standing in the middle of the street. The light was so bright it was making me cry.
    But then, the light exploded! Millions of shining lights fell from the sky. It was raining light. I couldn’t believe my eyes. It was the most beautiful thing I’d ever saw. It was magical.
    I ran back to get Felicia and Maggie so they could see this beautiful thing. When I got back in the apartment, Felicia and Maggie weren’t fighting. They were asleep, calm and quiet.
    Everything I saw that night was beautiful.