Preview for my story - Tales of the Hidden Witch

- Tales of the Hidden Witch -
They escaped at midnight knowing they would never be the same again. Charlie looked back and a single tear whipped down his face. His brothers and sisters had nowhere to go, Clara, Amelia, Dean, and Charlie had escaped from Rose Wood for good. 

***

20 Years later…

Clara’s beautiful newborn daughter, Persephone, was finally asleep for her afternoon nap. After only 3 spells was Persephone asleep, that was a new record for Clara’s magic. Before getting up, Clara smoothed out her rose colored mini dress. Rose. Rose Wood. The memory of that fateful night flashed in as quickly as it flashed out. Charlie. He was her late older brother. If not for his courage that night. She might now be rotting in a prison instead of lounging in a log cabin, waiting for her husband to return. She missed his charming smile and hopeful laugh. How she would’ve died for him.

***

“The Cerulean Wizard” This was one of Dean’s favorite books in the library. A midnight blue leather bound book. It was thoughtfully sewed with a black twine and was placed on the dusty shelf in the “fantasy” section. He thought about how courageous all the characters in his favorite books were. Charlie. His thoughts wandered to his dead older brother. If not for Charlie, Dean would’ve been beaten or thrown in a cell. He would give anything to see Charlie again.

***

The Mushroom Cafe was the most popular in the town of Bedalia. Amelia happened to run this very successful cafe. She loved serving people because it fed the debt she believed she owed to the world, after Charlie’s heroic sacrifice. She loved his humor and his cleverness. It’s what made him the best brother in the world. For him to merely perish because of Rose Wood’s strict rules had made her angry for the last 20 years.

***

LunaWrites

More by LunaWrites