Childhood Memories

My childhood was PBS Kids on weekends and rainbow goldfish for snacks. It was books and reading, warmth and love. I was raised by Chris and Martin from Wild Kratts and found comfort in books like Caps for Sale and The Snowy Day. I learned how to be myself from Fancy Nancy and Chrysanthemum. I fell in love with Mooch from the books Just Like Heaven and Hug Time, and wanted to be in the book If You Give a Pig a Party. My days consisted of Welch’s fruit snacks and pirate booty; of Tangled and The Princess and the Frog. Mornings were for Dinosaur Train and afterschool was for Word Girl. My love of science stems from countless hours looking through botanical books and my dad reading A Seed is Sleepy. I loved it all, from puzzles to soccer games, my childhood was the best. Sure, I always wanted to watch SpongeBob and eat Freeze Pops; but no, I had it best. I look back, and nothing has really changed. I still eat GoGurts and gummies and would read a picture book any day. I could still watch PBS kids and go for scooter rides, it’s all the same; for me, I haven’t really changed.

mm2005

More by mm2005

• Life Remote?

The concept of a life remote is interesting; it is one that holds great power. With the ability to pause, fast-forward, or rewind, life would be drastically different. The weight actions would hold would be much less.
  • It was Unbelievable

It was simple, it wasn’t much, and it wasn’t fancy. It was a day like any other, the sun rays slowly dropped from the sky and tickled our faces. The slight rustle of leaves hinted at the warmer summer breeze coming.