My Truest and most loyal friend: A Tribute

I am 13, and I don't remember much from when I was a baby or toddler. But one of the things I do remember well was my best friend, Bailey. Bailey was always there for me. She was the most intelligent dog or animal I've ever seen. I remember that when I was in a highchair, she used to sit right under it, just waiting for me to drop food. And when we would leave food on the counter, when Bailey knew we weren't watching, she would jump up on the counter and "Gulp" eat it all up. She was really, really funny. I would be sitting in my house eating dinner, or doing homework at the table, and I would be facing my window to the deck. And all of a sudden I would see a flash of brown. Then I would keep watching, and it was the funniest thing. She would jump up and down, up and down, just like Donkey in the movie "Shrek". Oh, and she was crazy. But it was a good crazy. I remember there was one time, when we had a 6-foot or 7-foot fence, and she wanted out! So what did she do? She didn't dig a hole under it, She didn't bark until we came and got her out, she just jumped. And she was the best jumper I've ever seen in my entire life. She could just graze right over it. And another time, we were gone, and she ran all the way until the police caught her and brought her to a kennel in 2 cities over. But above all, she was the most loyal, true, caring best friend ayone could ask for. I don't remember getting her, mostly because I wasn't born yet. But other than that, I remember her licking my face when I came home. Her tongue would be rough but it would always make me happy whenever she licked me. We used to run upstairs, and sit in my bed. My mom would say, "Bailey doesn't belong sleeping in your bed! She'll get the covers all dog-hairy!" But then Bailey would come back in. I bet she hated me shutting the door on her and not letting her out. And I would always cover her up with my blankets and say,"There you go!" But now I know dogs actually don't like that. But at least she stayed. I remember going to find her some days, and she would lick my tears while I talked to her. I haven't known a life without Bailey. People say dogs are the only animals who care about you more than themselves. And I know that was true of her. Dear Bailey, I don't know what I will do without you. You helped me when I was sad, and always played with me when I was happy. I remember you couldn't get up anymore when you were old, and you would always fall when you couldn't stand. I tried to help you and I wish I could've kept you. It was so hard for me to let go of you, because I didn't understand death. But now I understand that it was your time. I wish I had told you more than I actually did, because you would've listened to me. I love you Bailey. She was my older sister. She watched out for me. When other dogs came near, She would protect me like no one else could. She was my best, most loyal, most caring, and most loving friend.
  R.I.P. Bailey. 12/4/16 
-Love, your younger sister, Sara Beth