Bonnie & Clyde

“Oh, Bonnie” he smiled.“Clyde” her southern tang glided off her tongue. She was built small and light as a feather. Slim shoulders and a slim waist, she could be swayed by a small gust of Arizonan Desert wind. Her sun-kissed, shoulder-length hair was curled and messy and rested softly in his hands.He looked in her honey brown eyes and sighed.
“And now we drive for miles and miles with the windows down and the radio loud” he whispered in her ear. She smiled. Everything had been worth it. He pulled her in by her waist and kissed her ruby lips. “And you’ll sit beside me laughing and loving and I’ll look you in the eyes with a smile on my face and my hand on your thigh.” He kissed her again. “And everything that happened will be just a distant memory.” He looked her in her eyes, earnestly. “Promise me you will never leave my side.”
“I am yours like you are mine. Forever, baby, for all of time. I will not leave your side so long you don’t leave mine.” She spoke, her hands held on his chest and looking him deep in his eyes. “I love you, baby.” Her eyes twinkled and she grabbed his hand. A 1958 Ford Edsel Pacer was parked on the desert gravel with its two front doors open and the trunk popped holding three duffel bags filled with cash. She pulled him to the Pacer and kissed him on his hand.
“So, drive, honey, get in!” She laughed as she closed the trunk and sat in the car. By the time she turned to face him, the engine had started and the radio was playing. He leaned over, gave one last kiss, and set the car in motion.

supercat

More by supercat