A Gem from Vermont Writes Day 2017

This is GG. And here is a post from last year's Vermont Writes Day that caught our funny bone. It was posted at our special Web site for the day vermontwritesday.org (only open for posting on that one day of the year). This post was written by a boy in 6th grade. I loved it because it was real and fresh and true. I don't mind misspellings (you know that) and I suspected there might be more to this boy's misspellings. But I decided that I would do a dramatic reading, so everyone might realize the voice I saw beneath all these misspellings. And I wrote him a note telling him what I did and that I was featuring it on the front page. Later he got in touch with me, as did his parents, to say that he had several learning challenges, including dyslexia. There was a reason for all those misspellings. Further, he said, he'd never had anyone praise his work. Ever. And we made him proud. He even liked the recording though it's my voice, tweaked up in pitch for effect. Enjoy. The author certainly did.  

I do nopt wont to right butt my teacher is making me do it and i hate it a lot so the the story is that it is to cold to go to recess so the school will have inside recess butt we have gim right now but the school is useing the gim so are techer is like howbout we right something on the vermont right website i am stuck riting this i hope recess is done soon so we can play in the gim we will play bombardment in the gim it is a relly fun game but this is takeing for ever and we are stuck here riting this relly dumb thing when we go play in the gim i will take my anger out on my classmates by hiting them in the face hard relly hard relly relly hard like bam hard they will cry hard there is like 2 mintes ontill we go the gim i just askd my teecher so ya this has ben relly boring butt it is omost over thankfully i bet nowon will read this so this is poantlis and i probly spelt this roungh like all the werds butt there is no oto cerect now oi can go0 to the gim. bye
#vtwrites17

Audio download:
idonotwonttoright.mp3