Ruth Bader Ginsburg Quotes - In Memory of RBG

On September 18th, 2020, Ruth Bader Ginsburg passed away. One of the three women on the Supreme Court, she fought for Women's Rights. In memory of her, I found 9 of her quotes that may ring true for all of us.

1."When I'm sometimes asked 'When will there be enough (women on the Supreme Court)?' and my answer is: 'When there are nine.' People are shocked. But there's been nine men, and nobody's ever raised a question about that."
2."We are a nation made strong by people like you."
3. "My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent."
4.  “Fight for the things that you care about. But do it in a way that will lead others to join you.”
5. "Real change, enduring change, happens one step at a time."
6. "I would like to be remembered as someone who used whatever talent she had to do her work to the very best of her ability."
7. “So often in life, things that you regard as an impediment turn out to be great, good fortune.”
8. "Don't be distracted by emotions like anger, envy, resentment. These just zap energy and waste time."
9. "Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. It shouldn't be that women are the exception."

Hope you enjoyed reading these. Ruth Bader Ginsburg was an inspiration, and I, for one, hope she will always be remembered.

EverlastingWaves

More by EverlastingWaves

• Thoughts after the fair

I’ve never enjoyed the feeling of being sick to your stomach on a fair ride. Maybe I just don’t have the iron-willed intestines that all of my friends seem to have, because I get sick from going on the teacups at a normal speed.

• october, my love

october,
    my love,
    it is good to see you once again.

although it appears i have missed
    your grand entrance,
    while i left the room.

i walked along the street to visit you,
    and looked up,
  • scratches

skin pulled taut and tight
    burning like the light
    that seeps through cracks
    underneath the door

from stray branches and walking
    throughout the woods, balking
    at the idea
    of no path

water rests on skin