The Bias Trial of Jared Blake

I wrote this for my US History class and I really like it, so why not make it my first post? 

The Revolution never happened. There are no presidents. There is no justice. America is ruled by the King of England from across the sea. A journalist from New York City has some input on some recent injustice for their fans to listen to in this weeks installation of their podcast.

One of the hottest stories among our small NY community this week is about how local hairdresser, Oakley Vinitor, found his spouse, Caelynn, dead in their shared one bedroom apartment on 170th street. The determined police investigation led to the Vinitor's neighbour and ex-soldier, Jared Bake. The charges against Mr. Bake consisted of Breaking and Entering, Thievery, and Murder in the First Degree. This would be Mr. Bake’s fourth murder allegation against him in his life. 

Flash forward to today, Jared Bake has once again been declared not guilty of murder, with all charges dropped, even demanding that Mr. Vinitor compensates him for accusing him of such a crime; though astonishing evidence has proved that he took the life of Caelynn Vinitor. But why? Allow me to share the most obvious reasons.
I believe Jared Bake was able to stalk the Vintors while he was on duty as a guard soldier. Which is nothing new, around every corner one can find there’s a guard making sure everything runs as smoothly as the king desires. And while there’ve been stories about soldiers robbing homes they’ve guarded and assaulting citizens, the guards in question are rarely taken to court for it due to the obvious bias that the majority, if not all, of our officials have for soldiers. No one dares accuse them, for there’s no reason they would win the trial. Even if the entirety of New York had watched it happen, the soldier would come out on top.

So a favoring for soldiers by the judge. While that is very incriminating evidence in itself, I have more. Upon further investigation by yours truly, I found that the judge of the trial, Justice John-Quinton, ruled out one by jury. She was also the same judge that had done each of Mr. Bake’s murder trials in the past. Justice John-Quinton has done many trials like this in the past, and seems to favor trials without a jury.
Another example of this: A teenager and their friends stole exactly 3 small packages of gum from a convenience store on their way home from school last year. They were caught by guarding soldiers and are still serving time for it as I write this. Had the trial been by jury, I can assure you Mr. Bake would be behind bars at this very moment. A true shame that it’s not the law to have one. This has been Grievances of the Crown, sending our grievances to Mr. Vinitor and anyone who has suffered the same.

overly.awkward.ambivert

More by overly.awkward.ambivert