Forbidden words

One day. Quiet and calm. One word. One name. Forbidded but never said. But this time it was. The day was a cold and windy November day. Typical weather in Waterville, Maine. Students streamed through Waterville Highschool doors, desperate to get into the warm classrooms. As the last student entered their classroom the clock struck 8:15. The same thing happened everyday. Waterville Highschool was not a normal school. Everyday by 8:15 every classroom was full and quiet. By 8:20 books were out and the lesson had begun. Every hour the classes switch. There was talking in the halls as the students moved from class to class, but the students were never late. Teachers always began the lesson right away. There was no hesitation. No hitch in the daily routine. It had been like that for 50 years. Until today. 

eviq

More by eviq

• Society's whiplash

If only I could reach a little farther the stars would be in my grasp

If only I could reach a little farther my dreams would come true

If only I could reach a little farther my soul would rest
  • Lost

I stand in the middle of the room, sound echoing off the high ceilings. People were everywhere. The din is unbearable. I spin in a circle, looking for a place to hide from all the noise. Nowhere. Only open floor and a sea of people.
  • The effect of fire

I woke to sparks stinging my skin Each individual one pricks me Not enough to leave a mark But enough to leave a memory Now I am remembering I tried to breathe Smoke streamed into my mouth I coughed Grasped for clean air The fire had leapt to my dr