Spring, my dearest

Spring, my dearest, where are you?

I've been waiting for so long, yet still I'm caught in Winter's grasp, and I'm ready for something new

Each season sparks excitement, but resentment always comes, as I fled from Fall to find the snow, but the cold has made me numb.

And when I finally reach you, on a journey far too long, I'll be so happy to greet you, but soon I'll want to move on.

When Summer sweeps in with a warm breeze, I'll be glad to go, and from her warmth I'll reap my time, happy to rest from a never ending climb.

But it won't last, as it never does, and when Fall comes the cycle will be complete. I'll turn the corner of my fifteenth year and still, I won't be done- I'll continue to run, and run, and run.

I'll wave goodbye to Fall, and meet Winter once again, until I finally see you, my dearest.

I'll be with you, Spring, and maybe this will be the year that I am finally satisfied, as I lay under the willow's trunk and close my eyes to rest.

Posted in response to the challenge Spring: Writing Contest.

wildcat

More by wildcat

• Lullaby

Carried by the songbird’s wings
    Through forests bright, caverns dim
    Flying in the wild wind

Tears have been shed and goodbyes have been said

And the light is leaving from your eyes.

• If Love was a Garden

If love was a garden, I’d let it grow wild

Because what use is love that’s tamed?

There, the honeybees would be the messengers, passing letters of sweet nothings from the sun to the flower’s soft buds