Winter Online Playwriting Workshop -- Sign-Up

YWP is excited to again present a 6-week online Playwriting Workshop in collaboration with the Vermont Stage Company. THE WORKSHOP BEGINS ONLINE in mid-January, 2019. Your final play could be selected for presentation on stage at the Vermont Young Playwrights Festival in May 2019 and YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE FROM VERMONT to participate. (We will be livestreaming the event in May, you can see how your play is presented from anywhere!)

The purpose of this workshop is to help you write a powerful and effective 10-minute play. It can be funny or tragic, high drama or sly satire, emotional or silly. It doesn't matter. What does matter is that you:
  • Develop your own idea,
  • Learn a bit about how to write a play -- how to create credible dialogue, powerful characters and dramatic action,
  • Have fun.
Geoffrey Gevalt, YWP's founder, will be leading this workshop and will be bringing in professional playwrights to give you some feedback later on in the process.

Again: The most effective plays will be selected for presentation on stage next May at the VYP Festival in May, 2019. 

This is an amazing opportunity. We also encourage you to talk to your school about how you might get some academic credit for doing this, but that's not a requirement. BUT we need you to commit to doing it. While it won't be a huge workload, you will need to focus on it. It is challenging but rewarding. Just ask Maisie, who's had TWO plays presented at the VYP Festivals. 

We will be checking throughout the fall to see who's interested, so sign up now. And, again, this is open to anyone from anywhere. THANKS!  

gg

1 Start 2 Complete
If you don't have a username, that's OK for this form, BUT do sign up for an account to this site!