The "I" in Memoryscape

WORKSHOP #1: THE "I" IN MEMORYSCAPE with MINDY WONG
This workshop was held on: Saturday, Jan.19, 2019 10 am - 11:30 am
WHERE: Rooftop conference room, Karma Bird House, 47 Maple St., Burlington. 

ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP: The "I" in our Memoryscape 
Our lives can feel like a fast-moving stream, from childhood to adulthood, with things constantly streaming into our own lives and in the world around us. There are memories that we retain and others that we discard to make space for a deeper sense of self. In this workshop, using different craft techniques, we will explore the memories that stick with us and gain insight into why we have held onto them. Are there certain parts of our lives that make us more "ourselves" than others and continue to determine who we are now? We'll explore and write. Share if you want to. This will be a free-flowing, fun workshop!

ABOUT MINDY WONG

Mindy Wong is a writer, teacher, and YWP board member. She holds an MFA in nonfiction from The New School and a Master of Science in Childhood Education. Born on the outskirts of Chinatown, New York City, Mindy currently lives in Vermont. She was awarded the 2017 Emerging Writer Fellowship at A Public Space. Read her story, Other Homes, which is published in A Public Space No. 26. It begins, "My father worked full-time as a truck driver in Chinatown, delivering crates of produce from warehouses to restaurants, and was paid under the table at just slightly below minimum wage ..."

Event Date: 
Saturday, January 19, 2019