Writing on the Roof #1 - The "I" in Memoryscape

WRITING ON THE ROOF -- Join YWP and writer Mindy Wong for the first in a series of workshops in the rooftop conference room of the Karma Bird House, YWP's home base, at 47 Maple Street, Burlington, VT. Seating is limited, so please sign up today! See all five workshops here!

WORKSHOP #1: THE "I" IN MEMORYSCAPE with MINDY WONG
WHEN: Saturday, Jan.19, 10 am - 11:30 am
WHERE: Rooftop conference room, Karma Bird House, 47 Maple St., Burlington. Take the elevator from Maglianero Cafe to the third floor and follow the signs up to the top!
HOW TO PAY: On the sign-up form, you can pay the $10 registration fee through PayPal or choose the scholarship option.

SIGN UP HERE

ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP: The "I" in our Memoryscape 
Our lives can feel like a fast-moving stream, from childhood to adulthood, with things constantly streaming into our own lives and in the world around us. There are memories that we retain and others that we discard to make space for a deeper sense of self. In this workshop, using different craft techniques, we will explore the memories that stick with us and gain insight into why we have held onto them. Are there certain parts of our lives that make us more "ourselves" than others and continue to determine who we are now? We'll explore and write. Share if you want to. This will be a free-flowing, fun workshop!

ABOUT MINDY WONG

Mindy Wong is a writer, teacher, and YWP board member. She holds an MFA in nonfiction from The New School and a Master of Science in Childhood Education. Born on the outskirts of Chinatown, New York City, Mindy currently lives in Vermont. She was awarded the 2017 Emerging Writer Fellowship at A Public Space. Read her story, Other Homes, which is published in A Public Space No. 26. It begins, "My father worked full-time as a truck driver in Chinatown, delivering crates of produce from warehouses to restaurants, and was paid under the table at just slightly below minimum wage ..."

Join YWP and Mindy Wong on January 19th on the Rooftop of the Karma Bird House! See all five workshops here!

Event Date: 
Saturday, January 19, 2019