Jen L.'s picture

Bailey

When I brought Bailey home for the first time he looked very happy. The weird thing is,  could tell he was happy. To my eyes, he looked like he was smiling, so I asked my sister if she saw the smile on Bailey’s face. She stared at him and he stared at her and my sister nodded her head and walked away. I was left alone in the living room with Bailey, both of us just sitting there awkwardly. I decided that just sitting there was boring and thought that it would be a good idea to get more acquainted with Bailey, so I started talking to him and while I jabbered on he just sat there with wide eyes and a little smile on his face. I asked him what he was smiling about and what came next surprised me I almost fainted.

He answered me. He actually talked. He said that he was smiling because I talked so much and he asked me if all humans talked as much as I do. I answered with, some people talk way more than me, but others talk less than me, I guess it depends on the human. I asked him, do cats talk that much. Bailey’s smile grew bigger and he said, some do, some don’t, I guess it depends on the cat. We both started laughing. After a while I told Bailey that he had a good sense of humor and he said that I had a good choice in cat. Then we watched a movie because Bailey wanted to know what that was. What a good day.