Da Quinstah's picture

Dark Prophecy

When people started mentioning the prophecy, I never really took it seriously enough to believe it. Imagine a prophecy about disappearing into a black hole to never return back? The prophecy has been spread around town throughout the years, but hasn’t exactly been proven true. The only suspicion of the prophecy is that there have been people missing from town. Only about a handful, but it’s noticeable.
 I paid no mind to the prophecy until one day I was sitting in the library reading. I heard a noise, almost something like a muffled groan. I looked around to see if anyone else reacted to it. No one seemed to until the same sound happened a second time, but louder. I went to go see where the noise was coming from. It seemed to be coming from a bookshelf aisle. I walked all the way down to the end of the aisle and saw nothing. I was a little worried as to what exactly was making that noise and why nothing was there. I heard a voice that was cut off midway through pronouncing a word. I turned around towards the end of the aisle I just came from to see who was trying to talk to me. When I turned I saw nothing but black. I turned back, looked up and down, saw nothing but black. I looked kind of like a dark tunnel with no light at the end, only death. Looks like the prophecy was true after all.

Da Quinstah's picture
About the Author: Da Quinstah