growing up

Born with potential. The ability to take control of your life. Make good choices. Be who you choose to be. And be the best you you can be. Your parents watch you grow up and become a young adult. You get the chance to expand your horizons and are encouraged to believe what you want to believe. you are given the right to have opinions, even if you shouldnt share them. You learn when it's the time to say something and you learn the ways of life. You start to have experiences and you learn from those experiences. Growing up shouldn't be scary. It is full of experience, laughter, memories, family, and friends. It is hard sometimes to think about what the future could hold. But you have the opportunity to take advantage of that future. 
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” 

-E. E. Cummings.

hazeljade110

More by hazeljade110

• Shots fired

Jackie and I walk into the Cafeteria. I smell the overpowering scent of onions. The boys in front of me are poking each other with pencils. Today is a normal day like any other, but I sense something is off. I go about my day like normal though.
  • My Mother

My mother, thank you for all that you do

thank you for being there for my first steps 

for my first words

My Mother, what would I do without you?

You smother me with love
  • sunset

As the sun dips below the horizon, the day comes to an end. The colors get flicked across the sky as if the gulal was sprinkled across the earth. We breathe in the invisible force of new beginnings.