How I Became Me.

This is the story of how I became me.

Well lets start with my name. Hi, my name's Max, and I'm 13. I wasn't always like this you know. I used to be shy and quiet, I used to want to be left alone. I  was also super self consious. Now that you know the basics we're going  on a trip to my early years.......

​Let's start with kindergarten shall we? Well, you see, I used to have this blanket that went just about every where with me. So on my very first day of school, guess what was with me. You guessed it, my blanket. I was, still slightly am, a real mommas kid. I hated the thought of leaving my mom for half the day. Now I don't remember everything that happened that day, but I think I was pried off my mom's leg. You're probably laughing right now, aren't you? That's okay, I like making people laugh. Anyways kindergarten was pretty much me getting used to the whole school thing.

Oh, wait, I forgot to tell you that I wasn't(still aren't) a very "popular" person. However I do have a bestfriend, since before kindergarten, who's always made me feel like I belong. She's practically like family, in fact her youngest brother actually likes me better. Like all bestfriends we've had our ups and downs, but we made it.

​Grade six was kind of hard for me, at this point my parents had split. I had also met some people who were new in town and just started going to my school. I ended up becoming really good friends with one of the new girls. Her name is irrelevent so don't bother asking. Shortly after she started being really immature, like begging me to ask my mom why she couldn't come over. I almost never caved and asked unless I personally wanted to know. I eventually started making up excuses to not hang out with her. I know it sounds mean, but I have a hard time getting rid of people.

​Now it's grade seven, a couple months in i had tried to abandon her, but also, ACCIDENTALLY, abandoning my best friend for a while to. Grade seven wasn't hard for me, I was just trying to figure out what "group" I belong in. Believe it or not me and my bestfriend actually aren't in the same "group".

​Well, back to the present. Now it's eighth grade and I just found out that I have a class called teen choices, I'm pretty sure you know what that is. Well, fastforword a couple classes, and we are talking about genders and sexuality. This stuff really gets me going, I'll talk about it for hours depending on my mood. I've always kind of felt like I didn't belong I this world. I also hate gender steryeotypes. So while we were talking sbout all this I said that I would reather be called Max instead of my birth name. I also said that I wanted to be adressed as they, them, their. I feel like I was a lot more confident after all my teachers started calling Max. I have definetly changed, but I am even happier with who I am now.

​Well, now you know a little about me and I can't wait to make some more stories.
About the Author: Its_Max
Its_Max