8 Things To Do Inbetween Online School

I've had a lot of free time because I finish school in about thirty minutes and then have a good five hours of nothing to do! I thought I'd list the things I do to have fun!

1. Draw! Even doodling helps. I find it's relaxing to just not even try to make it look good, just let your mind wander while you doodle a little.
2. Listen to music! I've been blasting Hamilton into my headphones on repeat for about two hours now and am loving it! If you want to put it on autoplay, find a video/playlist that has lot's of songs you like.
3. Write. Write write write write write. If you have writers block (cough cough me cough cough) I find just writing down one word sparks creativity. I love looking up the meaning of an intresting word! Sometimes that helps.
4. Sit outside! (if it's nice out) Especially if you have a front porch. If you don't have one, pull up a lawn chair, a good book, and sit outside in the sun! It's peacful to be outside for hours, and it's healthy!
5. Go for a run. Especially if you are starting cross country or a sport soon, it's good to get moving after a long summer of being inside! You can also time your self and do the same loop a few times to see if your time improves.
6. Hang out with a friend (while social distancing). I have a friend that lives down the street and if I'm bored, I give her a call and boom, instant fun. If you don't have a friend that lives nearby, give one a call and just talk for a bit! It's always good to communicate with people during covid.
7. Code! I've been using a website called Scratch that's good for coding! If you get an account, you can even post your codes and get feedback from fellow coders. You can also play other's games and give them feedback.
8. Play a sport! Go outside with a ball and practice an upcoming sport!

Hope this helped you find something to do! :D

EverlastingWaves

More by EverlastingWaves

• Thoughts after the fair

I’ve never enjoyed the feeling of being sick to your stomach on a fair ride. Maybe I just don’t have the iron-willed intestines that all of my friends seem to have, because I get sick from going on the teacups at a normal speed.

• october, my love

october,
    my love,
    it is good to see you once again.

although it appears i have missed
    your grand entrance,
    while i left the room.

i walked along the street to visit you,
    and looked up,
  • scratches

skin pulled taut and tight
    burning like the light
    that seeps through cracks
    underneath the door

from stray branches and walking
    throughout the woods, balking
    at the idea
    of no path

water rests on skin