Live now

Yes, everyone is so quick to point out that life is different now, what we used to do rather than what we do now. It seems that most things are past tense, things we miss, what we wish we could do, and what has changed. But this time is still essential. “That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet” (Emily Dickinson). That is what makes time so valuable, the fact that it is never relived, repeated. We are living in a historical time, people will look back on today, yesterday, and tomorrow and study this for years to come. They will ask us questions like, what was it like? And were you scared? They will teach this in history classes and science classes. We are a part of history. Whether we like it or not, this is something to remember. I’m not saying everything going on right now is the best, but we need to continue to pick the best things out. When you look back on it, you will remember the little extra things that you were able to do with your family, the new traditions you started, and the new things you tried. We should be appreciative of the now. Appreciative that we get to be the first to try all these new things. Appreciative of the extra time we get to spend just with family. Appreciative of the little things that are so often overlooked and forgotten. It’s the time to relax, laugh, cook, read, grow, learn, play, and most importantly, it’s the time to live. It’s the time to live here and now, not reliving the past or glorifying the future, just exist in the present.

mm2005

More by mm2005

• Life Remote?

The concept of a life remote is interesting; it is one that holds great power. With the ability to pause, fast-forward, or rewind, life would be drastically different. The weight actions would hold would be much less.