Sister Revelations

I didn’t particularly care about having a sister, at the ripe age of 3 it was indifferent to me and as long as I didn’t have to share my toys. I guess I didn’t know I would be getting a companion, a best friend. As we grew together we fought and we laughed. We rolled down grassy hills and had scavenger hunts in the woods. Since then, not much has changed. We still laugh together and we bicker too; late-night dance parties and early morning runs, we do it together. I never really understood why she followed me around when we were younger, why she copied me and bugged me. My mom always said it was because she looks up to me, but how could that be?  She needs me as much as I need her. We learn together and we fail together, it may not always be pretty but we are always having fun. We are inseparable. It wasn’t until I was older that I realized my mom was right and for the first time, I was beginning to understand what life is all about.

mm2005

More by mm2005

• Life Remote?

The concept of a life remote is interesting; it is one that holds great power. With the ability to pause, fast-forward, or rewind, life would be drastically different. The weight actions would hold would be much less.