What is this?

A way to share tiny moments, ideas, stories; things you see, feel, overhear, realize, think ...
Write fast. Post from your smartphone. Add a photograph. Some options:

Tell (show) us what just happened.
Write a story using only 500 characters.
Write a six-word story.
Share a weird thought.
Or a moment that amused.

Go for it!

A tiny moment, story

To all the people that have come out, are still in the closet, or have decided not to leave the closet: You are brave, strong, and beautiful, and I love you.
Sometimes my imagination soars
​but other times it doesn't want to leave bed
When you suddenly wake up in the middle of the night and think of one person and only that person.
You need to be with them.
Off to school. Again. I'm trying to imagine this isn't as everyday and mundane as I know it is.
its the nights that are the hardest
for i know that
nobody will answer my call for help
and i can sit and wallow,
wade through my thoughts,
thick like sludge,
submerge myself completely and
leave myself to choke
or i can remind myself
nobody is coming to save me
so i must be here
to save myself
Here I am again, wandering through all these beautiful pieces of writing,
while conveniently avoiding that big stack of homework beside me.
https://youngwritersproject.org/node/27828
please read this. Thanks.
water rushes to
my toes in the soft, white sand.
aloha, summer.
To everyone who reads this:

I hope you have the best day of your life
Thank you.
1 day ago
If the whole world was blind,
what would the word "beautiful" mean?
Could you find it in the sound of someone's laugh,
or in the feel of running your hands through tall grass?
Would you find the meaning in the smell of flowers,
or in the warmth of the sun on your face?
I think we should all have our own definition of beauty
that isn't based off the color of irises
or the curves of a body.
Thank you for this. I think if people went by this standard, then the world would be a happier place.
04/15/2019 - 8:28pm
Agree.
04/17/2019 - 10:10am
Imagine if all the tears you have cried through the course of your life could be put into one bowl.
How full would it be?
I have the best shirt ever. It’s of beatles, like the animal, walking across the street that the Beatles walk across on their album cover. Isn’t that perfect?
I love it
04/17/2019 - 5:08pm
I want to tell her,
just to see how she would react,
but my fear keeps tugging
and it pulls me into a dark closet
where I'm locked away
and no one will ever find me.
the balloon tied to your neck is strangling you
Life is fun
When it feels like the dark is everywhere and coming closer
Remember that the moon and stars are surrounded by blackness
Yet they still shine with as much love as possible.
A random kid on my baseball team, who I have literally never spoken to, told me I made a good catch. (by the way it wasn't that great of a catch.) It made my heart glow golden, and I was on top of the world for the rest of the day. Thanks to that kid.
try not to think too much
it might end up killing you.
did you know that before you die, you relive your entire life?
so right now, you could be just reliving your life. This could be a memory. you could be dying. soon, you could be dead.
It's kinda creepy how that works.
I don't like how in many fairy tales, male characters put female characters through many triles to find out which one is the most kind and gets the least upset about her valuable bucket being broken, or whatever, and then pluck them out of their everyday life to get married.
Show all 5 comments
Yes!!!!
04/15/2019 - 3:43pm
I love what folklore and fairy tales contribute to culture and how they can be used in modern storytelling, but the cultural standard differences are kind of awful. Particularly those ones where a hero has to commit some feat of bravery and will be rewarded by marriage. I remember one Irish fairy tale where the princess was all set up to marry one guy who had pretended to commit the deed in question when the real hero came rushing in, proved that he'd done it, and was promptly married off to the princess instead. You have to wonder what the poor princess thought of all that.
04/15/2019 - 8:19pm
And it still echoes through culture, and the worst part is people don't even realize it. I know lots of males who are intelligent and fair and not at all what you'd call sexist but still have some misogynist tenancies without even realizing it. It's not their fault, not exactly, but discrimination is passed down through generations- it doesn't just show up one day.
04/17/2019 - 5:12pm
One thing that's always annoyed me about these fairytales is think about how many girls prince charming married. It's trickled through history in the way that men are seen as saviors and rescuers while girls are needy and vain.
04/20/2019 - 9:59am
I totally agree with all of this. Society puts females in a place where they feel that they are more powerful with man married to them. And the evil stepmothers! I can't! Stepmothers aren't always evil, out to kill her stepchildren! 9/10 stepmothers I've met are amazing!
1 day ago