What is this?

A place for the YWP community to share tiny moments, ideas, stories, things you see, feel, overhear, realize, think, wonder about ...

A tiny moment, story

SDJ 1.21
- Its the 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st century!
- I feel extremely grateful today.
- realized family makes you joyful
- A good friend is one who gets on a zoom call if you ask them
- A great friend stays on the call with you after most leave
- A best friend makes the zoom meeting, and surprises you on it.
Ah, very true, very true.
Well now it’s the 21st minute of the 21st hour of the 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st century! (well, technically, it’s the twenty-FOURTH minute, but whose counting?)
1 day ago
Haha! that is SO satisfying!
1 day ago
Can't wait to see the day when Amanda Gorman's poem is in all the history books!
Show all 5 comments
omg yes!! she's so amazing, and such a good public speaker. like wow
1 day ago
Ikr?! Can't wait to say to the younger gen that I heard that speech the day of!
1 day ago
Yes, such a good speaker!!!!
17 hours ago
I love her poem so much, and the way she read it was so amazing!!!
16 hours ago
Yes! I love her poem!
13 hours ago
Well, well, well,
look who we have here,
A COMPUTER SCREEEEEEEN!
Wait,
what?
A computer screen?
Huh?
Where is that human?
UGH.
FOILED AGAIN.
STUPID SCREEN.
Biden's speech + Gorman's poem = *chef's kiss*

I haven't felt this hopeful for a while now.
Show all 16 comments
@Ysweater yes true! my mind went to all the pandemic memes too :P @Roses agreed! Part of the reason it was so breathtaking for me was the way she recited the piece I'd really love to recite poems like that its so powerful :)
1 day ago
@Treblemaker I feel the same way, like I get so nervous to read my poems to other people but seeing Amanda Gorman recite her poem so powerfully was really special (for lack of a better word lol) especially considering that she used to have a speech impediment
1 day ago
Happy Inauguration!!! :)
Yes! such a cathartic moment! Amanda Gorman was incredible. She should have written Biden's speech.
2 days ago
Yes!!! so hopeful...
2 days ago
There is nothing quite as special and wonderful as waking up to a small winter wonderland and falling snow outside your window :D
yesss. my favorite feeling in the world:)
2 days ago
Anyone else a bit... I wouldn't say shocked, it's more of "very heavily dismayed" by Trump's farewell speech? I mean, he really did to a ton of stuff during his term (whether you approve of his actions or not, I won't judge), but I feel like all his past accomplishment have been SUPER overshadowed by recent events. Even though most of us here dislike the guy, I think we should all still give him so credit for what contributions he DID provide to the country. Am i right...?
Show all 5 comments
Yeah, you're right. Can't let hatred get in the way of applauding for someone who did some right
01/20/2021 - 7:59am
Yes I totally agree.
2 days ago
Yes. I totally agree 100%, Mysticat. Good or bad, a president is a... well, our president, to put it simply. To be able to take that oath, stand in front of our nation and do THINGS, that’s already no small feat. I don’t think, especially with the recent activities, that Trump is getting the credit he deserves for the amazing economy during his first few years as president, among other things. Yeah, he made some mistakes (granted, some not-really-small mistakes), and he wasn’t the best, but calling someone out for making mistakes doesn’t mean they didn’t do anything good.
2 days ago
Hmm... I'd politely have to say disagree. And this is my opinion but just because he was elected president does not mean he did anything good for this country. @Moonsand the economy was actually destroyed this past year because of corona, which could have been prevented if he had told everyone about it and shut down the borders sooner, no offense:/ I also believe that him "Doing things" has been for his, and other rich white peoples benefit. He was impeached twice, which is a terrible record to hold. He sexually assaulted women and was not convicted for it and he spouted racist ideas and was upheld for it. When he lost he started saying it was a rigged election, and incited violence on not just our capitol, but our democracy. Also in his opinion none of the things he did were "Mistakes" as he has never sincerely apologized for anything he has done. Sometimes he apologizes, but really he was forced to by other officials. In fact he has argued why he was right. He deserves to be written negatively into our history books, and I don't believe he deserves any credit whatsoever. Sorry for ranting and being a little mean:( Just wanted to state my opinion.
1 day ago
Thank you, Frostbite, I completely agree with with you. Sorry, but Frostbite put it wonderfully:/ Trump’s actions harmed this country far to much to be given credit, not to mention he lied periodically to the country about those actions. He validly deserves a bad place in the history books. Sorry again, but this is my opinion. :( I hope you don’t take any offense.
42 min ago
A piece of a broken heart fell through the sky, held up by ashy wings. It fell as hard and as fast as the gentle robin sings. The princess in the tower, the knight fighting the dragon, the cop cruising through traffic, the biker pedaling around town, they all paused and looked up as a gentle rain fell down. So absorbed in their own lives, they had forgotten their purpose, they smiled into the rain while others passed them by. One day, they all thought, -they knew- everything would be alright.~MM
wow, I love that! I had such a beautiful image in my mind
2 days ago
Wonderful piece of writing!
2 days ago
gosh, it's really difficult to read The Voice at evening time. i have to read each work of art over again. i get super emotional and then i write and then i'll listen to music and be all dramatic when i'm tired and have just read good poetry.
inauguration tomorrow! I'll be in school, but i want to see it, especially the poet there!
Show all 4 comments
I know, I’m so frustrated because I probably won’t be able to watch it in school!
01/19/2021 - 9:21pm
We're actually zooming at watching the inauguration together in school which I think is pretty cool. I'm really excited to see the poet too XD Amanda Gorman is so amazing
01/19/2021 - 10:03pm
I'm skipping school to watch lol Im so excited!
01/19/2021 - 10:43pm
Yeah, was so excited when I found out she was speaking! Fingers crossed my teachers will be chill with nobody paying attention to school
01/20/2021 - 12:53am
from the floof we gain peace. and the floof gain from us . . . food and willing minions.
Floof. I love that word. beautiful :)
01/19/2021 - 10:04pm
I have stopped trying to make sense of the world and now let the noise float past me as I scream to "Cherub Rock" by The Smashing Pumpkins.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."~MLK rest in peace my dude.
“The silent influence of books, is a mighty power in the world… passive and noiseless though they be, they yet set in action countless multitudes, and change the order of nations.” ~Henry Giles
Show all 5 comments
Ooo, love that
01/19/2021 - 2:58am
I heartly agree!
01/19/2021 - 10:08am
top ten quotes
01/19/2021 - 12:48pm
yes. just. yes. i love it! very, very true.
01/19/2021 - 12:49pm
Good gosh I agree with this sentiment Treblemaker!
01/19/2021 - 9:38pm
sdj 1/18/2020 (if we are still doing those XD otherwise its a random blog about my life)

1. saw wayyy too many ALM (all lives matter) and Back the Blue white people posting about how great Doctor King was today. consistency is key yall
2. my cousin is getting cuter if that's possible
3. I've been acquaintanced zoned by everyone in my class
4. catholic school is kinda rough not going to lie
5. its completely illogical but I miss Waldorf school :)
6. 2 more days left thank god
i feel you! congrats on your cousin!!
01/19/2021 - 10:49am
We are definitely still doing SDJs! I’m so happy for you, congratulations on your cousin! Yeah, I feel you. Catholic school isn’t as good as everyone portrays it to be...
01/19/2021 - 12:49pm
I wish I was a dinosaur, grazing among the trees or else hunting across a great plain full of exotic flowering plants. I just think It would be fun.
ugh I get that. or just like, closer to endless fields and forests and flowers (all these f's omg I love the way it sounds)
01/18/2021 - 7:25pm
fffffffffffffffffffdinosaurs
01/18/2021 - 7:46pm
Update on the cousin sitch but Juniper Bougie Trzaskos was born at 11:56 pm on January 15th, 2021 :) She is the cutest baby ever and it is safe to stay I'm kind of obsessed with her XD
Show all 6 comments
AWW, how sweet! YAY!!
01/17/2021 - 11:25pm
What a pretty name! Congratulations!!
01/17/2021 - 11:28pm
I love her name!! I hope you have an amazing time with her :)
01/18/2021 - 7:47am
Congratulation. She has such a lovely name. My cousins are literally some of my favorite people in the world and I don;t know what I would do without. I am so happy for you:)
01/18/2021 - 1:56pm
What a gorgeous name. Hope you get to see her irl soon!
01/19/2021 - 3:00am
Wow, congratulations! :)
01/19/2021 - 9:24pm
Morning pizza, quiet footsteps, a soft and dusty rug.
Show all 4 comments
Love this scene.
01/17/2021 - 11:25am
Lovely.
01/17/2021 - 1:01pm
this reminds me of a Ruth Reichl tweet - I love it
01/18/2021 - 7:22pm
this feels so cozy!
01/19/2021 - 10:50am
I feel like some can relate to being drained and overall tired these past week and I so relate so I figured it'd be nice to make a group poem about it just because we can :)

Brain is sluggish
Eyes are strained
oofed, befuddled-
can't explain...
Yeah. Tired. Definitely. My brain just won’t work, and I’m just... depleted.

Vacuous, empty.
What is this thing?
Killing me slowly,
dulling my view...
01/16/2021 - 11:08pm
Eyes flutter closed,
Into a dream
Force them back open
And onto my screen

01/19/2021 - 9:15am
Yes, I see the sun. Nice.
No, I don’t feel its warmth.
Yes, I can see the view. Pretty.
No, I’m not delighted.

The green meadows and creaking swing,
they feel so fake,
someone else’s dream.
Where’s mine?

I’m so, so tired.
Of myself,
of the world,
of life.

I want to tell my parents,
they love me, right?
I’m terrified, though.

“You have nothing to be tired about,
you have nothing to be depressed about.
Stop making excuses,
get back to work.”

Those hurt the most.
ah i feel you so much

sending hugs to you and my messages are always open :)
01/17/2021 - 10:41pm
this is a great poem. please know that you are never alone - I know exactly how you feel (we all do! there's 7 billion people on this planet, someone's always feeling the same way as you. idk if that helps to read but I like to remember that when I'm sad)
01/18/2021 - 7:23pm