What is this?

A way to share tiny moments, ideas, stories; things you see, feel, overhear, realize, think ...
Write fast. Post from your smartphone. Add a photograph. Some options:

Tell (show) us what just happened.
Write a story using only 500 characters.
Write a six-word story.
Share a weird thought.
Or a moment that amused.

Go for it!

A tiny moment, story

12 years ago Sandy Hook happened.
Let’s never let that occur ever again.
Super random question- are the computer characters lowercase L and uppercase I actually the same thing? It sure is confusing!
Show all 5 comments
Here they are:
Il
23 hours ago
Guess which one is which!
:)
23 hours ago
the first one is i the second is L
22 hours ago
Nope! Other way around.
10 hours ago
really?! cause my i is just a bit shorter than my L, and the first one looks shorter to me, maybe it's my eyeballs. they play tricks on me sometimes.

9 hours ago
so... I'm thinking about submitting one of my pieces to a contest, how can I take it off YWP? (or delete it)
Show all 4 comments
I am pretty sure that you don’t have to! If you go back and read the terms and conditions for YWP, you retain all rights to your work and can enter it into any contest. Your blog is almost like a notebook if that makes sense. But yes, you shouldn’t have too
1 day ago
The guidelines say it can't be published elsewhere in print or the internet...
9 hours ago
I would contact Susan for clarification. I am 99% sure (after going back and reading) that you retain all rights for commercial use etc but I would check with her to be sure!
8 hours ago
thank you!
1 hour ago
Why oh why
does it feel like March
when Christmas is
11 days away?
ha! I know. it's so confusing!
1 day ago
I was just thinking about the moment last year in school when I was sitting in the classroom spinny chair. Can't remember why, but my teacher is just about done with me. So, when I sat with my legs in the chair, she knew what to do. My teacher opened the door, said 'keep all arms and legs in the vehicle' and pushed me (and the chair) out the door. You guys have any funny stories? They don't have to be school related. I'd love to hear them! Have a great day.
my mum tells me stories of when I was little, this one stuck: I had been sitting on a tall stool, in our cement floored laundry room. I fell off the stool, landed on my head. and bounced. I got up, said "I'm fine" and walked off. ever since, whenever I seem to injure myself, I always say: "I'm fine." even if there's nobody there to listen.
1 day ago
Apparently when I was very young, I named all of my stuffed animals after myself. I was such a humble child.
;)
23 hours ago
I walked into a wall the other day, because I was tired.and it was two am. I apologized to it.
8 hours ago
I'm
glad
I
didn't
drown
alone
When you spend all day working on a poem and nobody looks at it-
Dead inside.
Haha don't take this seriously guys.
Or maybe do, I'm not sure.
Show all 4 comments
hey guys if you have a second go read five poems from somewhere and maybe leave a few comments and loves!
2 days ago
Yeah, I'm in a good mood (I wrote recently) it's on YWP *hint hint* ;) ;)
2 days ago
I get the feeling. sometimes I spend a week, trying to perfect a drawing. I'll show my mum, and her response will be something along the lines of "that's very nice, have you fed the chickens?" it happens with writing too.
2 days ago
YES, OH MY GOSH DO I AGREE WITH YOU! I've had so many readings and been published so many times, every time I tell my mom I'm getting published these days she just says "hmmh, that's cool, did you wash the dishes?" or "how wonderful, now go clean your wonderful room." or "oh my famous daughter, did you see that the compost is overflowing out of the sink..." I get that so much! but we're all used to it!
2 days ago
It went so fast. she thought. but from the moment her baby brother was born, she new he would achieve great things in life, even though her parents condemned him to live in disappointment. She blinked away tears as he held up his first place trophy. She clapped wildly. His wheels glinted in the sunlight, sweat gleamed on his face, but he was to excited to care to wipe it off.
He won his first wheelchair race, the state championship.
She could not have been more proud of her brother.
Show all 4 comments
this made me smile, with a little bit of blurry eye thing. I'm an older sibling, and this touched my heart. thank you. I needed to read this today.
12/12/2019 - 8:20am
of course ;) i'm an older sibling too. This was my first story that was a bit more heart touching than normal, and i wasn't sure if anyone would understand. i glad you felt the emotion i had writing this.
12/12/2019 - 5:49pm
This is so beautiful! I as well am an older sibling and this piece WILL touch the hearts of many... I assure you :)
2 days ago
This is great! Also an older sibling and agree that this is a really nice piece.
23 hours ago
You might realize that the footprints on the moon
Could be yours one day
That those speeches that bring millions of people together
Might be your words written on one single piece of paper.
wow! this is awesome!!!
12/12/2019 - 8:18am
oooooh yeah!!!
2 days ago
I'm curious: are you guys coffee drinkers or tea drinkers?
Sometimes it feels like there are certain stereotypes/characteristics (for me, at least) that come along with if you drink one or the other, both, or neither.
For example---I, an avid coffee drinker, am much more crazy and animated than my tea-drinking friend, who is more passive and patient.
These are just the clichés I think of. What do you guys think?
Show all 8 comments
I drink both, it depends on my mood, like everything else. I tend to change depending on who I"m around, with my little siblings, I'm pretty much a living example, who makes sure they don't do anything stupid, and always tries to find reason, when I'm with a friend, or by myself, I'm very sarcastic, tend to act crazy, do really stupid things, and need to be told not to do them. but I wouldn't say it has much to do with with my consumption of coffee, or tea. I'm just always kinda crazy inside.
12/11/2019 - 10:13am
I find coffee disgusting so tea all the way :) I am less extroverted too then some of my coffee drinking friends so maybe your theory has some wait...
12/11/2019 - 4:08pm
well... I drink tea, I don't drink coffee not because I don't like it but because it's supposedly stunts your growth or something. But I drink a little black tea and minimum caffeinated tea. I'd say I'm in between extrovert and introvert but I'm also a Gemini so I guess I'm allowed to be a little of both... :)
12/11/2019 - 5:59pm
i'm a tea drinker and very introverted; however, my best friend is a coffee drinker and also pretty introverted (and way more laid-back than me in social situations, i tend to be very loud). so who knows.
12/11/2019 - 7:59pm
I drink both and I drink them black lol
12/12/2019 - 9:44am
I drink neither! (I'm a smoothie/hot chocolate person myself). Though I'm down for the occasional taste of either. I think tehy're equally good, just in different ways. But I definitely get the stereotype. I tend to be a fairly extroverted and... loud... person. Not sure why, but people just love to ask me how much coffee I drink daily. I think it's really about personality. I could probably drink... lemonade? in the mornings and be super super tired. Cheers! Have a fantabulous day.

Also, totally unrelated, but did you know that all Froot Loops taste the same? Childhood? Ruined.
1 day ago
WHUT? Fruit Loops?
1 day ago
I pretty much hate coffee, so no to that, and the only kind of tea I ever drink is camomile, and that’s very rarely. But I’m somewhere in between introvert and extrovert, so... Hot chocolate for the win!
:)
23 hours ago
Feeling really sick right now. And here I thought I couldn't jinx my luck. On Monday I was talking about how I haven't gotten the flu in years, even though I don't get flu shots. And here I am, sick. (Not the flu though, as far as I know). I suppose I should have knocked on wood. :)
ick hope you get better soon
12/11/2019 - 8:16pm
I hear you about jinxing. Same thing with me. If I say "yeah I've never broken a bone!" well... guess what's going to happen!
2 days ago
a playful light
dances in your eyes
as you tug on my sleeve
practically hopping up and down with excitement
who would have known
you, at thirteen
loved frozen two
so much.
(true story)
So, my counselor, had me write an event from my life that reflected a quote about self-worth. That will be my next post. I'm posting it right now.
I'm going to pick out my christmas tree today!!! I'm so excited!
Yay!
12/08/2019 - 6:15pm
I did that today too!
12/08/2019 - 8:12pm
I just saw Frozen 2. It was so FREAKIGN BEAUTIFUL!!!! The soundtrack in that movie is now going to be the only music I listen to anymore. Especially the songs "Into the Unknown" "Show Yourself" and "Next Right Thing"
YES. IT IS AMAZING.
12/10/2019 - 10:03am
AGREE.
23 hours ago
I am annoyed. I am trying to learn French really hard but I still am not learning as much as I want too. French class isn't hard enough and I am slowly working my way through duolingo. I can't wait till next spring cause I am going on an exchange to France and will FINALLY become bilingual (hopefully)
Ok, I am in a similar situation as you. I really want to learn French, and I do feel my classes are okay, but I’m so impatient that it feels really slow, as does Duolingo. Just keep working at it, and that trip sounds AMAZING.
12/08/2019 - 11:48am
Merci beaucoup!
12/08/2019 - 3:14pm
My school's cremees (creemees? creemes? I can't spell it, sorry.) are currently not frozen. Sad times. Hopefully the slidy door frozen box thing is back to it's full potential soon.
Show all 4 comments
what are cremees?
12/08/2019 - 10:43am
Cremees are like soft-serve, sorry, forgot that that's mostly a VT thing. :)
12/09/2019 - 6:35pm
yah, you go to florida, and ask for a creemee, you get some WEIRD looks.
12/10/2019 - 4:01pm
No I'm a Vermonter but I'm Home schooled so I don't have a school cafeteria or anything like that! (but now I get, I get soft serve all the time, I just call them Whipped Ice cream!!!!!!)
12/11/2019 - 6:02pm
You cannot breathe in space, so let's be sure there is no space between us.
I just want to see you
Instead of leave you
its funny how so
far away
from me
is Donald Trump breaking America
but the
snow on
Church
Street
with the tree lights
is beautiful.