What is this?

A way to share tiny moments, ideas, stories; things you see, feel, overhear, realize, think ...
Write fast. Post from your smartphone. Add a photograph. Some options:

Tell (show) us what just happened.
Write a story using only 500 characters.
Write a six-word story.
Share a weird thought.
Or a moment that amused.

Go for it!

A tiny moment, story

I'm crying so hard. Rest in Power Ruth Bader Ginsburg. We arent going to stop fighting for you. Not today, not tomorrow, or ever
^^^ RBG will forever be an inspiration. Rest in peace and power.
17 hours ago
For a brief moment I thought justice itself had died, I felt everything collapse. But then I read dogpoet's poem. RBG not only held America accountable, she showed us what it means to be a supreme court justice. She righted America's moral compass. Trump will never be able to replace her. If he tries, we, the people, will balance the scales of justice! Rest in power RBG, and in peace, knowing that we haven't lost faith.
15 hours ago
I am crying though, I am crying so hard too
15 hours ago
Sweet music twirls around me in sheets of light, sweeping me up, seeping me through, lifting me out of this madness. It loosens my soul, slowly removing the iron bolts that ground me to disturbing thought. Becoming me, I become, my heart thrumming to the deep bass. Beating. Filling. Forgetting. Letting it soak into me, deep, deep, deep, out of conscious reality.
Hi, things have been really crazy for me lately (*sigh* junior year...) and I haven’t been writing much but I thought I’d pop in and share this song that really hit hard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s1dcoTRTT0

Have a great day everyone!
Whaddup it's the founder of Say It In Color zine. This is to say thank you to the YWP people who submitted their art to the magazine. Please go and support them by reading ISSUE 01 at: https://sayitincolor.weebly.com/issue-01.html

Also, a reminder that general submissions (to do with race/cultural identity) are ALWAYS welcome. Themed submissions for ISSUE 02: CELEBRATE open in October. Submission guidelines are on our website: https://sayitincolor.weebly.com/

Ok that's all. Thank you again :)
Money is a tangible manifestation of Rousseau's social contract. By choosing to believe in money we are able to participate in society, but we also surrender some of our freedom.
Show all 4 comments
Learning abt that right now!!
21 hours ago
Wow... I just has this as one of the sources for an MCQ on my APUSH test today!
20 hours ago
APUSH was my favorite class. I learned so much and I loved the read, write, take a test format! WHat do you think of it so far?
19 hours ago
I really, really want to love the class... and I think if we were in school I definitely would, but it's so hard online and it ends up just becoming all about self-study. I find the topics really intriguing but the sheer amounts of homework...
2 hours ago
Things I’ve learned so far in this 2020 pandemic school year:

Flirting is hard when you have to stay six feet apart and can’t touch the same materials. I can’t even do the old drop your pencil and have him pick it up trick:( XD.
SDJ Sept 17
-Sitting in homeroom while writing this
-Did half my science assignment today because I didn't realize there were to extra pages to the assignment sheet. Yay, stress.
-Had like no breakfast so woot woot HUNGRY.
-wearing an oversized Calvin & Hobbes sweatshirt >:) beat that, fashion!!
-The sand hanatizer at school is gross but I'm not allowed to was it off. hooray.
SDJ Sep 16
Potential day: either Monday or Thursday. Possible Sunday.
I've been doing a lot of fermenting in front of devices
College prep can suck sometimes
My phone died, then turned on and blasted a duck alarm, then died again, and I've never related to anything more
sleepysleepysleepy. but also want to stay up and write
I can totality relate, well to everything except the duck alarm. Maybe I should download a duck alarm. That would at least my days more interesting:)
2 days ago
Oh totally get a duck alarm, it makes you smile in random parts of the day. And Instead of waking up groggy you kinda just wake up confused XD
2 days ago
I just whipped up a batch of banana chocolate chip muffins and yummmmm. As my YouTube yoga teacher says, it’s the simple things in life.
That sounds delicious.
2 days ago
That sounds so good. And I love a good inspiring youtuber
2 days ago
SDJ Sept 16
-finished all my school work so i've been staring at an empty page with writers block for two hours
-boredboredboredbored
-yes one of the youtubers i watch hit ten million (congrats dream)
-texted with one of my friends in between writers block and we discussed who was weirder and what her username should be when she joins YWP (she was thinking either Wordless or DonutJudgeMe)
-read more of The Two Towers ITS SO GOOD AHHHH
Ooo the word Wordless jumped out at me. That sounds like a cool username. I wish I could say I finished my homework before ten...alas, maybe next summer haha
2 days ago
Is halloween going to be cancelled?
I have been wondering the same thing for a month now. I really have no idea!
09/15/2020 - 10:42am
Parties definitely won't be happening (at least the majority of them), but I keep wondering about trick-or-treating. My family is planning on putting out individual bags of candy because to open the door is to be within 6 ft, plus leaving one huge bowl on our porch feels too germy. I just hope people want to go trick-or-treating!
09/15/2020 - 4:35pm
I hope people can at least chuck candy out of a window or something XD Agreed there will probably not be many parties, but hopefully trick or treat will continue in some form, fingers crossed!
09/16/2020 - 9:56am
SDJ Sept 15
-ate 4 mini muffins and have been counting the frets on a guitar that hangs near my seat in our online-but-with-other-kids thing.
-yay people are doing SDJ! :D It's fun to see what other people are up to. :)
-read like forty pages of The Two Towers by J. R. R. Tolkien.
-boredboredboredbored
-planned a halloween costume with my best friend. we shall dress up as youtubers (if halloween isn't *gasp* cancelled)
SDJ Sept 14
I forgot to eat till 11; I was very cranky

I had a meeting with my college councilor.

I took a bath and started re-reading Narnia

I had a current world problems on zoom, where I had to look at fox news as part of an assignment on media bias. I wish I had a puke face emoji on my computer with which I could express my disgust.
Yes!!! Someone else who wants that to be a thing. :( It would be the only thing I used during Covid though.
09/15/2020 - 9:36am
SDJ Sept 14
-said hfjdshfa when I woke up today
- feel slightly optimistic about my plans for the future
- Watched a really great tv show called Greys anatomy and man is it interesting.
- Google classroom has become one with my annoyance
- Will procrastinate homework by watching more Grey's anatomy...
Thank you EverlastinWaves for starting this up again! :D
yay glad we can still do it! :D
09/15/2020 - 9:35am
Are we still doing SDJ? I mean, it's slowed down some but I kind of miss hearing what other people have to say. :) I dunno though, I might still do it.
SDJ Monday, Sept. 14
-Started SDJ again though I might be the only one
-Am not in school but am at a place where kids can do school with other people in their school who have the same off days as you.
-boredboredboredbored
-got up WAY TO EARLY and am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired :(
-sitting on a comfy couch :)
:) I missed it too! I will defiantly do it too
09/14/2020 - 4:36pm
There's something about looking at the sidebar of my screen on YWP and seeing that 7 other people--wherever they live--are here too, on the same website, doing the same thing...it feels nice to see your usernames and know you're there too. So thanks! :)
Show all 4 comments
I do the same thing I'm glad its not just me! you really summed it up perfectly but yes it's really cool and comforting to know there are other people who are currently writing or reading just as you are in some other part of the world :)
09/13/2020 - 6:51pm
Agreed! It’s very comforting. I haven’t done it in a while but I’ll have to start up again.
09/13/2020 - 9:20pm
Glad you find happiness in it! Same here, though. It's nice to know there are other people here. :)
09/14/2020 - 10:23am
I love being able to see that there are other people on Ywp! Definitely very comforting. :)
09/15/2020 - 1:15pm
I'm so tired of all the hatred in America right now. I just drove through my town and saw 12 Trump Flags, 7 Blue Lives Matter flags, and 5 Confederate Flags. I have also been asked recently (by white men) how I can support Black Lives Matter when I myself am white. It's disgusting that people genuinely want to know. So a reminder: men- feminism isn't bc women are better, white ppl- BLM is not saying ur life doesn't matter, straight ppl- pride doesn't mean that "lgtbq+ ppl are better than you"
Show all 5 comments
Thanks for this reminder LadyMidnight, I needed to hear it today, and so does everyone else.
09/13/2020 - 4:44pm
Thank you! That was really well-said and important.
09/13/2020 - 5:48pm
Thank you for this important message.
09/13/2020 - 6:37pm
*Applauds* well siad. Its amazing the vast differences of opinion in our world right now and how people truly are so close minded or refuse to understand or at least acknowledge any opinion but their own.
09/13/2020 - 6:53pm
thank you! Well spoken! Its always so empowering and important to hear people eloquently speak the simple truth!
09/13/2020 - 7:28pm
Has anyone else ever listened to the soundtrack of a movie or musical and had a totally clear idea in your mind of what it’s about, only to be completely wrong? This has happened to me so many times:

Hamilton:
I legitimately thought You’ll Be Back was King George singing to Angelica ;)

The Lion King:
For some reason I was under the impression that when Simba ran away from the pride, Nala came with him, and that they sang Hakuna Matata with Simba’s parents.
I SCREAMED when I saw the first one XD that's so hilarious
09/13/2020 - 3:45pm
XD I’m glad you thought it was funny (I mean, Angelica did say she was leaving to marry a British guy, sooooooo... it made sense to 10 year old me!) :)
09/13/2020 - 6:40pm
My cat just came and patted my head. Does this happen to any of you?
nope, but I wish it did! like that is one amazing supportive cat why can't more people be like this XD
09/13/2020 - 6:48pm
I had a really disturbing thought yesterday:

What if the only way we will survive climate change is under a dictatorship.

I don't think I really believe this and I would never act on it, but...
i.... actually agree. and i mean it wouldn't be entirely bad, i think the instinct to say dictatorship is awful is like... idk, American education? Like the way it's portrayed in our history books.
09/12/2020 - 12:52pm